PDA

View Full Version : TriCaster STUDIO Chroma Key Set Foreground Objects

Cineman
08-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Am still trying to evaluate TC Studio for purchase considerations, and not having much luck. Still haven't got to see a demonstration and get hands on time with one.

How are foreground objects (the news set anchor desk) done in TriCaster STUDIO? I find no mention of how such is done in the manual text, though screen grab illustrations of that are shown.

Nes Gurley

SBowie
08-17-2007, 06:04 AM
Do you mean, 'how are they created', or 'how does one set them up in TC-S'?

Cineman
08-17-2007, 01:25 PM
Thanks for your reply Steve. I figured that there had to be something wrong with how I asked the question, but couldn't figure it out. Was trying hard to have less than my usual six paragraph post.

Do you mean, 'how are they created',
Well, figured that this is in the "LiveSet Constructor™" documentation, which is only available after one has already bought a TC-S. I do think that such is a very wrong thing for NewTek to have done.

or 'how does one set them up in TC-S'?
Yes, more this one. How does one set them up and use in a multi-cam live switch?

Nes Gurley

SBowie
08-18-2007, 05:57 AM
The Live Set creation utility that is currently available to the public is very easy to use - you simply designate a foreground and background image. It does not, however, offer all the glitzy features of the more elaborate sets (reflections, shadows, etc.)

Setting them up is quite simple, pre-configuring each (appropriate) source in the Input Setup panel. Ideally, this would be done before hand, I think - at least I'd certainly prefer to have optimized my greenscreen settings (and set) ahead of time. Switching from one to another is no different than switching any other source.

Jim Brown
08-18-2007, 07:58 AM
Nes, I sent you a private email about setting up a demo. Check it and let me know if we can help.

Jim

Cineman
08-18-2007, 09:51 AM
Yes Jim, I read your way too kind offer, PM, I guess, last night. That really is a kindness. And I am sure not learning anything from the feedback, on this thread, so far. But, you know what? I think that I have figured it out. If I am right, it is way keul.

Now it is just a matter of deciding if I should offer it up here for anyone mulling over the purchase of TC-S for doing chroma key set shooting. I am not much concerned that someone won't correct me, if I have it wrong. I have much better luck with being corrected than with getting a question answered.

Was mulling over your offer when I got caught up in other things, most of which you have read. Still may drag my feet into Monday. Would really like to know what is up with my dealer. I know that the Sales Manager, who I considered a friend (two old crotchety guys), has left them. Am a little concerned that they may have turned into a box house, as far as NewTek products are concerned.

Nes

Merquance
09-01-2007, 10:38 AM
Just unpacked the TCS and registered. Where can I download the Live Set creation utility? Eduard

Cineman
09-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Go to the very top and select registration under Customer Care. Sign in, or register and then go to Downloads. Scroll down.

Would sure like to hear back how that works out for you. I loaded a set, and pretty much got nothing that I could ever use.

Nes Gurley

JonCrowe
09-06-2007, 08:27 AM
As you know we've had a Tricaster Studio demo system in our showroom for
over a month now. Let us know if you would like to come down for a demo.

Cineman
09-07-2007, 12:46 PM
Well there you are Jonathan. We have been playing tag, and not connecting. Some of it was my fault for sometimes dropping the ball. As soon as TC-S was introduced, and again after release I e-mailed you folks to try and get a in-store demo or one in Huntsville, if you folks were going to be here soon.

I used the NewTek Dealer list to start the E-mail, and both times Ronnie was the addressee. When I heard back from neither, I called. Then I found out that Ronnie was gone. I became so tongue tied at that, that I got off the phone to regroup. I did ask for you, but you were out of the shop. (The Reseller section at NewTek now has BJ as the contact.)

Somewhere along, I talked to Bill Evans here, and found out that Ronnie had E-mailed him of his leaving (Lucky JVC.) and left you as a contact.

Then the most gracious offer came along. Jim Brown and Mike Brown, of M&M Productions arranged for me to have their Dealer Demo in my shop for extensive testing. I am now into my second week of having that beside me here in my test bed, wringing it out.

I have already added the "Live Set Constructor" and worked with that some (with sad results). By early next week, the TC-S should be upgraded to the release version. I am looking forward to learning from that, possibly finding out how the "Live Set Constructor" might be used for better results.

Anyhoo, even after the magnanimous offer from M&M, I started trying to contact you again. I felt that they had more confidence in me than I had in myself, and was trying to get a demo from you before I had the TC-S in hand. Think that you were doing an install in Montgomery that ran over by a day. After that I had the STUDIO already and was working with it. Also in all this I E-mailed you. It didn't bounce, but I didn't hear back either. We somehow really had a disconnect.

Thanks for posting Jonathan, and others please forgive the long personal post, but didn't want to get back into a long round of phone and E-mail tag.

Nes Gurley