PDA

View Full Version : registering a trial version

annetteread
08-16-2007, 12:38 AM
Hey, I have downloaded the 30 day trial, but it does not come up with a field for me to enter the license key in under the register/help menu. I am following the instructions in the email, but it stops me there...
Has anyone else had this happen, and can anyone tell me what to do?
Cheers:help:

skanky
08-16-2007, 01:32 AM
I've never had the LW demo, but my understanding is that there is no license number or 30 day limitation. Just a watermark on render and point limits on objects to save. I may be wrong though. Are you sure you're not mixing demo's up?

annetteread
08-16-2007, 04:03 AM
9.2 is a 30 day trial. I am not sure if it is watermarked or not, but I think this is a new thing with 9.2...

skanky
08-16-2007, 04:19 AM
Oh crap. I've downloaded demos of software before that was time limited and never installed it, cause I never had time to check things out. I think the watermarked non time limited was a much better idea.

OK then, like I said, I don't know how the demo works, but with the normal version you'd create a plain text file called "license.key" in the lightwave>programs directory. You'd then enter your key followed by a return, like so:
XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX(hit enter so the line ends)

Then save that. Should work.

That said, it's very strange you don't get the option. Are you trying this in Layout (not in Modeller)? Help>Enter License?

annetteread
08-16-2007, 05:12 AM
Yeah, tried it in layout : help, enter license... just told me that a dongle was not attached and didn't give me a field to enter the number like they said it would in their email...

RIP1981
08-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Same problem here. Can't use my trial key, because no dongle was detected ...

Copied it as license.key in various directories. No change. At first he said, he can't generate one license. Now no dongle detected ...

RIP1981
08-21-2007, 06:52 PM
*bump*

Any solution, because trial time is getting over without being able to try something ;)