PDA

View Full Version : how to "rest" the bone

alvin_cgi
08-15-2007, 09:31 PM
how to "rest" the bone! I have selete bone and pressed "r" and nothing happen in the Rotation box(the one on left bottom corner HPB)... tried item properties, set the rest rotation to "0" still nothing change. :thumbsdow

Please help:help:

alvin_cgi
08-15-2007, 10:04 PM
And also, when I move/rotate bone, the mesh isn't response at all, when have I done wrong...

I am using 9.2

alvin_cgi
08-15-2007, 10:14 PM
Just found out why:) , but still need helps on bone "rest"...:help:

And also, when I move/rotate bone, the mesh isn't response at all, when have I done wrong...

I am using 9.2

SplineGod
08-15-2007, 10:46 PM
The simplest way is to make sure the bones are in the same layer as the object.
Once you have the bones created and in place, select them all and hit the r key. They should work immediately.

alvin_cgi
08-15-2007, 11:27 PM
Hi Larry,:)
All the bones are in the same layer as the object, I have select them all bones in layout and hit the r key... is that all, I mean I did not see any has changes... I am confuse...

thanks

SplineGod
08-15-2007, 11:32 PM
At that point you should be able to rotate any of the bones and they should effect the mesh.

alvin_cgi
08-16-2007, 01:16 AM
Thanks Larry.:)

yes... when I rotate the bone, the mesh effected by bones... I guess the bones already "rested", right?
I am follow a video tutorial( lw7.5), and see the guy hit shift r and the digits inside HPB has chages to "0" degress, so I am expecting same to me when I hit shirt "r" and "r"... I don't really know may be 9.2 is difference.

Thanks

SplineGod
08-16-2007, 01:24 AM
It sounds like hes using the record pivot rotation command. Its not something you need to use on every bone. Typically its used if the alignment of the bone is off or you have gimbal lock.
Does the person in the video explain why they are using that command?

I believe record pivot rotation is now shift + p or you can access it under the setup tab.

alvin_cgi
08-16-2007, 06:28 AM
yes, you are right, he mention about recording rest rotation... I got it:)

so, if I just select all bones and hit "r", should rest the bones even nothing seem change on screen, am I right.

Matt
08-16-2007, 06:51 AM
I've been resting mine for too long now ;)

SplineGod
08-16-2007, 07:48 AM
If the bones match the geometry you should see nothing move after you rest the bones. :)

Matt, I hear that! ;)

LW_Will
08-16-2007, 08:25 PM
alvin...

In the rotational values at the lower left side of the Layout screen, the values will change from any value to "0"...

So be sure to change your Position to Rotation before you rest the bones.

alvin_cgi
08-16-2007, 10:22 PM
Yes, the value changed to "0" after shift + p (record pivot rotation ).:)

alvin...

In the rotational values at the lower left side of the Layout screen, the values will change from any value to "0"...

So be sure to change your Position to Rotation before you rest the bones.

LW_Will
08-17-2007, 11:56 AM
Then, sir, you did it!

Good Job! ;-)