PDA

View Full Version : Painting weightmaps in Layout using Vertex Paint..?

Cageman
08-14-2007, 11:15 PM
Anyone who knows how to do that?

Dodgy
08-15-2007, 12:06 AM
Just assign Vpaint to a button in the Layout interface (it's in the Modeler tools section in the menu editor), select your object in layout and press the button. It opens up the Vpaint interface and once you're done painting, close it and confirm the changes to vmaps. It'll change the vaps in layout.

Cageman
08-15-2007, 12:56 AM
Thanks!

Vertex Paint in Layout didn't work as I had expected though. It seems the character still needs the skelegons, which is somewhat counter productive because of the parenting issue skelegons has. :/

EDIT: I was hoping that I could paint weights using the bones rather than skelegons.

Dodgy
08-15-2007, 03:33 AM
You might have been able to use the Vertex Loader command to select your scene to use the bones directly, but this seems to be broken (presumably because of the scene format change), so I think you'll have to export the scene as a 6-9 format scene for this to work.

moc
08-16-2007, 05:47 AM
Just assign Vpaint to a button in the Layout interface (it's in the Modeler tools section in the menu editor), select your object in layout and press the button. It opens up the Vpaint interface and once you're done painting, close it and confirm the changes to vmaps. It'll change the vaps in layout.

which version do we need to use Vpaint at layout?
I assign the key and then select my character and press the vpaint...
nothing happened..just a error info "no mesh on the layer.."....No matter I change it's sub-patch level.....