PDA

View Full Version : Real Flow plugin?

LemurGuy
08-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Currently using a student license of Real Flow 4, but I'm not sure where to get the plug in that allows me to export .sd files for use in Real Flow (or even how I would go about exporting them if I did have the plug in). Currently using Lightwave 9.2 32bit PC.

Any Help would be great THANKS!

Sekhar
08-15-2007, 12:28 AM
Plugins are in the RF4 download section; log into your download page and you'll see them.

shaun_michael
08-15-2007, 01:55 AM
Yes, the plugins are downloadable from the same link that you used to download the demo from.

As for using them once you have them installed:-

the sd manager, ie where you save out LW sd files and load back in most (I say most, I'll explain more in a mo) RF generated sd files and is located in your master plugins which you'll find under your "Utilities" tab.

Realwave sd files have to be applied to the RW object you export from RF therefore they are applied on a per object basis in the deform tab of your object properties.

Mesh loading is also done from the object properties>deform plugin drop-down and is applied once you have loaded the first object of your mesh sequence that you generated and exported from Realflow.

If you want to load just particle .bin files and either watch them in a LW "preview"context or render them using volumetrics you need to add a null, then in the object properties>deform tab for the null add the Next Limit Particles plugin. You then treat them in the same way you would LW native particles as far as using HVs is concerned.

Hope that helps. If you need any more help you can of course repost here or use the unofficial Realflow Forum (which has a Lightwave-specific section) and can be found at:-

http://www.realflowforum.com

Cheers,
Shaun