PDA

View Full Version : Keyframe Animation Question

caddaraman
08-14-2007, 09:46 PM
When I move or rotate an object or camera and set at a specific keyframe, I am getting extra motion that I dont want. It seems like the path that I get is some sort of infinite spline. This is very annoying and I know there is a simple answer to my problem.

You guy's have been such a great resource of information and I thank any and all of you in advance for your help.

SplineGod
08-14-2007, 10:57 PM
The animation will stop at the end of whatever frame you set as the end frame. :)

Surrealist.
08-15-2007, 03:22 AM
When I move or rotate an object or camera and set at a specific keyframe, I am getting extra motion that I dont want. It seems like the path that I get is some sort of infinite spline. This is very annoying and I know there is a simple answer to my problem.

You guy's have been such a great resource of information and I thank any and all of you in advance for your help.

You can edit your motion splines in the Graph Editor to remove unwanted motion.

You can do this by setting the curve type and or the amount of tension, bias and continuity. (TCB Curves) You can also edit curves by setting them to Bezier and edit the handles in the graph editor.

By setting the curve to Linear it the motions are on a straight line. But for most things you don't want this, you want to learn how to control your curves.

If you add + tension to a key frame that will help control the additional motion you are experiencing.

If you look into ease in and ease out as well as what all the TCB controls do in the manual that will help to understand how to edit your curves to the desired result you are trying to achieve.

caddaraman
08-15-2007, 06:21 PM
Thanks again, I will try your suggestions.