PDA

View Full Version : PPC and UB

BigHache
08-14-2007, 08:39 PM
Just kinda curious, once the UB final build is released will that be the release of LW or will there still be some time of the PPC build hanging around? If that's not determined yet, that's fine, just wondering.

Kuzey
08-15-2007, 04:54 AM
The only reason the PPC version is around is to make sure the coders don't add any new bugs in the translation process to UB. So if both have the same bugs and the translation is complete then the PPC has done it's job and development would/should stop soon after.

But then again I could be wrong :D

Kuzey

BazC
08-15-2007, 06:34 AM
Also most of the plugins that are available for Mac won't work with the UB untill they have been recompiled, some may never be! I think the ppc version will be with us for a while yet!

JeffrySG
08-15-2007, 07:58 AM
I had the same question a little while ago... Chilton did reply with some interesting info. It was in the OpenBeta forum so I won't post it here but this is the link if you're interested...

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showpost.php?p=574870&postcount=9

and this is the whole thread:
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?p=574870#post574870

cheers!
J

ps. I like your avatar BigHache! I used to play a lot of I.M. in my younger days!

BazC
08-15-2007, 09:30 AM
Not sure you should be posting links to the beta forum on public forums?

Darth Mole
08-15-2007, 11:02 AM
At the moment - for me - the PPC build is working really well. I've got some issues with the UB that might be specific to my machine and won't discuss here.

I shall be pretty unhappy if the PPC version gets dropped like a hot rock as soon as the UB is out. I've got loads of legacy plug-ins I quite like, and the latest version is running very solidly. Sadly, I fear very few of these plug-ins will be recompiled.

JeffrySG
08-15-2007, 11:08 AM
I would assume that if you don't have access to the OB forum you won't be able to get to those links? right?

If that's not the case, any admin can feel free to delete the links...

The reason I posted links rather than the text was to keep in confidential. ;)

--J

JeffrySG
08-15-2007, 11:17 AM
just checked it and you can't view the thread if you are not a member of the OB so we're ok... :)

JeffrySG
08-15-2007, 11:21 AM
At the moment - for me - the PPC build is working really well. I've got some issues with the UB that might be specific to my machine and won't discuss here.

I shall be pretty unhappy if the PPC version gets dropped like a hot rock as soon as the UB is out. I've got loads of legacy plug-ins I quite like, and the latest version is running very solidly. Sadly, I fear very few of these plug-ins will be recompiled.
Yes, I really wish there was a way for any of the plugins to work on any version.... I have found that I've become very fond of LScripts lately as most of the plugins I find don't work yet on the UB... ;)

BazC
08-16-2007, 12:49 AM
just checked it and you can't view the thread if you are not a member of the OB so we're ok... :)

Fair enough!