PDA

View Full Version : Can't render to an external directory?

Natty99
08-13-2007, 01:15 AM
Hi,

I've been having probs with lightwave 9.2 and unfortunately its cost us a weekend of rendering. We're currently having to render some print res stills to local drives as were low on network space and this seems to be causing loads of problems.

Initially on loading the scene lightwave had the 'rgb output location does not exist' error (again despite it already being pointed to 'C:\renders' in globals). So I clicked specify and pointed it again to this location and it seemed to work. On reload the scene loaded fine with no error prompt.

We set up 5 renders, 4 via lwsn and one in Lw on my machine. We've come in today with nothing saved on the 4 machines and my pc asking me again for an RGB directory to dump the render in.

Has any one got any idea whats going on??

Is it no longer possible to render to a folder outside the content directory??
I've been using lightwave for years and have never had this problem.

Thanks for any help.

N

4dartist
08-13-2007, 09:04 AM
I don't really have a helpful response to your questions, but I'll just say I know there used to be problems with setting your content directory to C:\ . It wouldn't save rendered files if that was the case. As for setting your content directory somewhere else and saving on the C:\ in a folder called 'render' well I do that all the time. When i render on other computers in the office i have them save frames in the same place as you. C:\renders\frame.png

I wish I knew the solution/answer but I don't. Losing a weekend of render time is super frustrating! I hope things work out for you.

Natty99
08-14-2007, 04:21 AM
Thanks for the reply. We're just going to render on the LW installed machines atm to meet the deadline. When the jobs done I'll try a reinstall and see if that works.
I was just confused and wondered if anyone else had the problem and knew what might be wrong.
Its a new one for me:/

N

Lightwolf
08-14-2007, 04:27 AM
Just to make sure... c:\renders does exist on the nodes running lwsn as well, right?

Cheers,
Mike

Natty99
08-14-2007, 07:39 AM
Just to make sure... c:\renders does exist on the nodes running lwsn as well, right?

Cheers,
Mike

Hi Lightwolf. Yep checked that:(.
It doesn't seem like other people are having the problem so chances are its either a config or install issue.
I'll try that next week anyway and post if it fixes it.

N