PDA

View Full Version : radiosity-glowing corners

M-X
08-12-2007, 08:06 AM
I am just starting to use radiosity in a bar scene that I am working on but don't understand why I am getting glowing corners to the junction between the walls and the ceilling? Any ideas?

JeffrySG
08-12-2007, 08:28 AM
My guess is that because the light bounces around and the walls are closer to each other there so any light pointed in that general direction will bounce from wall to wall, the corners will be a bit brighter as they are acting as a bounce light source so the closer they are together the brighter it will be.

I think a lot of this will depend on how the light source is set up that is sending the light down that way...
here's a real world example (not quite as extreme but you get the point)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/harrisongs/162870953/

ps. maybe post your raydiosity settings so we can review them... maybe you're also getting some light bleed?

M-X
08-12-2007, 08:59 AM
I have checked the geometry and I think it looks fine.
Am using Fprime, does Global Illumination still apply?
what setting should I be looking at?

Bytehawk
08-12-2007, 09:04 AM
make sure all your polies are planar and you don't have smoothing on with a too high degree of smoothing (I always put in something like 20 % if it has to be on)

M-X
08-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Working through it, thinking that the glow is from the walls as the floor is black.....? Not sure though.

M-X
08-13-2007, 12:06 AM
Attached is one of the views so far, any tips?

M-X
08-13-2007, 05:28 AM
Sorted it out. Had ambient intensity up to high by mistake!!! Thanks for your surgestions.