PDA

View Full Version : output help

bwindle
08-10-2007, 10:08 AM
I just reinstalled v9 on by 64bit machine and now I do not have the quicktime output option. Is there an easy fix to this situation?

Thanks,

Ben

valsaint
08-10-2007, 12:36 PM
Try reinstalling quicktime and rebooting your system. It works for me. Good luck.

my web page: http://www.okcarshows.com/andre/index.asp

bwindle
08-11-2007, 03:32 PM
thanks, but it still is not giving the quicktime option...any further suggestions?

Ben

IMI
08-12-2007, 04:36 PM
I would have no idea, but I really wouldn't consider it a loss. The truth is, it's a much better idea to output to image files, and composite them into an animation file later. You can even use Layout itself to composite them, instead of buying something like Adobe After Effects.
The simple reason is, say you have even just a one minute animation at 30 fps and it takes LW a minute per frame. That's 1800 frames = 1800 minutes = 30 hours of render time.
If your comp crashes halfway through that, and you're rendering straight to an animation file, the only thing you can do is start over.
If it crashes while you're rendering an image file sequence, you only have to start over after the last completed frame.
Even for a 15 second animation at 30 fps, that's still a long time rendering.
Think about it, if you haven't already.