PDA

View Full Version : locking the state of polys

rwhunt99
08-09-2007, 02:59 PM
I am curious if there was a way to lock the polys so when you go from subpatch to polys , you won't affect the state of the CC'ed polys or if you chose not to subpatch certain parts of your model. I'm always switching back and forth from normal to subpatch and sometimes I have surfaces that aren't subpatched and I want to stay that way. It has only gotten worse with the addition of Catmull - Clark, I get frustrated because after awhile I realise, that my model has gotten screwed up. There has got to be a way ? ? :confused:

JeffrySG
08-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Could you just use edge weighting on those polys and set their edges to fully sharp? you'll need v9 or 9.2 I believe though...

Andyjaggy
08-09-2007, 06:22 PM
I don't think that is what he is saying. So if you have an object that has CC surfaces normal surfaces and normal SUb D surfaces and you hit tab. Then if you hit tab again all your Sub D's will be the same type as opposed to some being CC and some normal Sub D? Is that what you are asking?

rwhunt99
08-11-2007, 12:26 PM
edited

rwhunt99
08-11-2007, 12:28 PM
That's right, Andy; when I'm modelling, i usually switch back and forth in the differernt modes. Sometimes I deliberately would like to keep some poly's strickly faces, and now with Catmull-Clark, if I would like to keep them CC'ed, How can I switch between modes without screwing up the different modes of poly's ?

Beau_M
08-11-2007, 12:31 PM
I was looking for a way to do this a few weeks back. Ended up simply changing the sketch colour for each subd type.