PDA

View Full Version : Rigging a Bunny

rqe3bc
08-09-2007, 01:29 PM
I've never done rigging before, and I'd like to try a low-res bunny to animate and possibly put into a game engine.

Since I'm a beginner, I wondered if the Larry Shultz "Rigging a Quadruped" would be a good start for someone who hasn't done this before, or is it more for the intermediate/advanced user?

Or are there any other "absolute beginner" tutorials/books anyone could recommend? I'm mainly interested in animal (not cartoony) rigging and animating.

Thanks in advance!

SplineGod
08-09-2007, 05:00 PM
The advantage of my DVDs is that the online support. I think my DVD would definately be helpful.
Check this out:
http://www.3dtrainingonline.com/examples/rig_demo.mov

Surrealist.
08-09-2007, 10:56 PM
I like Larry's approach and his videos are always clear and informative. You can't go wrong in my opinion.

SplineGod
08-10-2007, 12:07 AM
Thanks Rich! :)

rqe3bc
08-10-2007, 09:28 AM
Thanks! I've watched the demo video and it looks amazing! I was just a little concerned that it might be a bit too advanced for someone who has never done animation before, but I'm willing to give it a try! :)

I thought a rabbit would be a simple animal to try until I realized I need to learn about skeletons, bone structures, movements, etc. etc. Fortunately there are a lot of rabbits running around here so it's easy enough to take some digital videos to analyze their movements - who thought a bunny hop could be so complex? :)