PDA

View Full Version : FPrime crashes Lightwave, though native renderer does not.

Euthanasiast
08-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Lately when I am using FPrime, I find that Layout crashes out sometime during the render (typically after a value of 100 or more). This happens with the interactive renderer as well as the standard renderer without interaction. I thought it might be that the processing load was too much (I am over clocking, but the system is stable after stress tests) but according to FPrime's documentation, the FPrime renderer is less stressful on the system than Lightwave's, and as I said Lightwave's renderer does not cause this to happen.

When I check the report it is telling me that FPrime is the cause and I am running the 64-bit version.

Are there any known issues out there that might be causeing this to happen? Does anyone have any ideas about how to combat this?

Dodgy
08-09-2007, 11:04 AM
The only problem I've had is with laptop nvidia cards.

Pavlov
08-09-2007, 11:50 AM
I have frequent crashes too, moslty during rendering. This is really annoying since it has happened often that i fire rendering in the evening, and morning after i discover it crashed after 2 passes.

Paolo

Andrewstopheles
08-26-2007, 11:18 PM
i have a similar problem on a laptop with an ati video card
boo-urns!

Philbert
08-27-2007, 02:35 PM
The other day I had the FPrime previewer crash LW every time I opened it. Hasn't happen since though. That was a fairly big scene though at 2.2 million polys. 32 bit cpu.

Lewis
08-28-2007, 03:16 PM
Guys try to use it without HUB (disable hub with -0 switch) and then see. Not sure is it going to help but AFAIR FPRIME is sensitive to any scene updates while rendering so maybe HUB is making autosave or something what could crash FPRIME then. Just a wild guess but worth trying :).

jaf
08-29-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm not sure if this is related, but I had a thread going for FPrime/x64 problems in the beta forums. Here is the link:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72522

I saw "ATI" mentioned a few times in this thread and a mentioned in the thread I'm referring to, my only solution was changing to 16 bit color (from 32 bit) or using LW x32 (instead of x64).

Taran-Q
11-30-2007, 06:18 AM
Frequent crashes during rendering (not previewer) here too. HUB already disabled. I mostly render single frame (stills) and have never had much problems but lately it seems to crash (much) more often whenever i render multiple frames within one scene??
Fprime 3.01 on XP 32-bit