PDA

View Full Version : Nondrop Support, Batch Capture, Aura Integration

Gary Robinson
08-09-2007, 09:40 AM
SpeedEDIT is already very good, but here is the list of features I would love to see in SpeedEDIT:

1. Batch Capture
2. Non Drop support, and I would like to be able to define the timeline start time, so when I lay back programs that start with color bars at 58:30:00 I can see exactly where I want to put multiple programs and slates at and after 1:00:00:00.
3. Limited Aura integration so I could paint directly on the timeline. This could be great for touchup work.
4. I would like to draw a logo in Aura, and extrude it in LW (not a SpeedEDIT feature).
5. SDI I/O from SpeedEDIT with a card
6. Bob's LW Connect Standard with every VT (could be a killer app for VT and increase LW sales to SpeedEDIT users)
7. Faster audio conforming if possible
8. Selective noise removal (now featured in Soundtrack Pro and Adobe Soundbooth)
9. Animated mattes.
10. Transitions with glow and burn effects, such as those featured in many reality shows these days.

tmon
08-24-2007, 12:29 PM
Excellent! I chuckle everytime I see BC and Non-Drop mentioned on the SE forums. I think almost everyone gave up on NewTek for those requests on the VT side. I know I did. WTF?

I would move #5 (SDI I/O) and #7 (Faster conforming) to #3 and #4, as those would help break the "amateur" image of NewTek's products, but that's just MHO.

ScorpioProd
08-24-2007, 03:41 PM
Being curious... The mention about starting your timeline before zero and such... Does SpeedEDIT even generate REAL TC? My impression from my use of it that it does NOT. My deck has always had to generate the TC INTERNALLY when I go to tape from SpeedEDIT.

Gary Robinson
08-25-2007, 08:53 AM
Hi Eugene,
When I go to beta or beta sp tape, I prestripe the tape starting at 58:00:00, so I can start the layback at 58:30:00 with a minute of bars and tone, in order to slate it and start the actual program at 1:00:00:00. I don't need SpeedEDIT to generate the tc, but I would like it to chase tc with a matching timeline so I could easily place multiple videos and know they will land in the proper place. For short form projects, non-drop is easier to use but it's more common with analog formats like beta sp. Frankly, I've never used non-drop on a dv tape if it's even available.

ScorpioProd
08-25-2007, 10:13 AM
Certainly a valid feature request, it's just I think it may be beyond what SpeedEDIT is intended for. Remember, you can't even currently print to tape at a specific point in TC on the tape, and it really directly only supports DV/HDV via firewire out anyway.

Gary Robinson
08-25-2007, 10:22 AM
For now, you can transfer your completed SpeedEDIT rtv's or legacy projects to output through VT, but with SpeedEDIT becoming the edit software for VT, and a number of users using VT on analog workflows, Newtek's probably looking at print to tape methods.