PDA

View Full Version : License Key 9.2

otti
08-07-2007, 06:42 PM
Since the Open Beta Forum is not available to me as yet, I'm hoping to get a answer in this forum. I registered for 9.2, downloaded and followed the emailed instructions to install. The license key is saved as plain text and copied into the various specified places. When I open up Layout or Modeler, I still get the message that I have got a temporary license key only and it expires in 8 days. I ensured I saved the license key as specified with the new permanent license key.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong.

Many thanks
otti

BeeVee
08-08-2007, 02:03 AM
Nothing. The beta license.key is time-limited, and gets replaced as needed.

B

otti
08-08-2007, 07:19 PM
Does that mean I can't work with the UB version in now 7 days? Can I get a new license key after that? What would be the point of having a beta version and after a couple of days you can't us it anymore?

otti

BeeVee
08-09-2007, 02:00 AM
The "gets replaced as needed" part of my statement above relates to what will happen inside seven days' time if the beta were to continue on 9.3. However, it's looking increasingly likely that the final full release of 9.3 will take place on or before 11th August, at which point your license.key for 9.0 will work, permanently. Once the next beta cycle starts you will require the time-limited beta keys again if you wish to play again.

B

otti
08-09-2007, 02:05 AM
Thanks Ben,

I'm waiting for the new final release to be available for download then.

otti