PDA

View Full Version : Motion blur -- only camera is moving

CrackWilding
08-07-2007, 10:05 AM
I would have thought that motion blur would apply with only camera motion -- the manual seems to indicate as much. However, it doesn't seem to be working for me. The camera takes a sharp step backward -- 15 meters (the object I'm shooting is about a meter long) over 7 frames (at 29.97). The idea is to produce a very fast zoom out. Antialiasing is set to 9 passes, blur is normal and blur length is 100%, but the images I'm producing are sharp as can be. Any ideas?

byte_fx
08-07-2007, 12:41 PM
Just checked in 8.5 .... it worked correctly there.

Which version of LW are you using?

Also - I assume you have more than one camera pass and have activated motion blur.

byte_fx

CrackWilding
08-07-2007, 03:03 PM
v9. 9 passes, it is activated. works fine whenever an object moves, but not the camera...

cagey5
08-07-2007, 04:46 PM
The photoreal motionblur calculates forwards, so if you render the last frame of your zoom when the camera has come to a rest then you will see no effect. Think of the frame you render as being the one where the lens pops open and anything moving from that point on is blurred.

So to get the effect you want carry on the zoom past the actual render frame.

Oh and if you're not on v9.2 you won't have photoreal available, in which case download it and enjoy, it's so much better than the old method

jameswillmott
08-07-2007, 04:48 PM
Post the scene for dissection? :)

Andrewstopheles
08-26-2007, 11:20 PM
I am definitely not qualified to say so, but I am wondering if you should change the blur length to 50%...