PDA

View Full Version : Video Source Monitor -

jdecroos
08-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Hello -
I am new to VT[4] as of a few days ago - I was wondering if there was a way to place a VT-Vision monitor on the screen linked to a video source attached to the SX-84. This would be similar to the TriCaster where a preview monitor is available for each of the inputs attached. I would still use the main preview to show what is switched onto the preview bus, but it would be nice to have a heads up of the available inputs right on the VT[4] control screen.

Thank you in advance for your replys -

SBowie
08-06-2007, 08:16 PM
This is not possible in VT, nor in TC-STUDIO for that matter, sorry. Your alternative is basically to use external monitoring for more than 2 sources.

Cineman
08-07-2007, 01:09 AM
I was wondering if there was a way to place a VT-Vision monitor on the screen linked to a video source attached to the SX-84.
Absolutely. That is exactly how the VT[4] is designed. Open a VT Vision and a switcher. If you already have a switcher screen built, then work from that. If you have more than one VT Vision open, it doesn't matter which one you work with now.

Note the little bar with the arrow head on it under what ever the VT Vision is named. If the arrow head is pointing down click on it to display the drop down menu. (If the arrow head is pointing up and you don't see the drop down menu, it is because something else, like a DDR is covering it. Drag the DDR down.

Centered under the bar, you should now see five buttons. The one lighted corresponds to your VT Vision label. Now look to the switcher and note that there are three banks and corresponding VT Visions for them. The other two are Program Out which shows what is on Main along with DSK if that is on. The other one is for DSK.

BE sure that you have "Lock Key" turned off just above left of the T-bar. Click a SX-84 source on Key / Aux, another on Preview, and another on Main. Open the corresponding monitors and you have exactly what you asked about above.

This would be similar to the TriCaster where a preview monitor is available for each of the inputs attached..
Now you have muddied the water. I would say similar for this moment, but not the same..

I would still use the main preview to show what is switched onto the preview bus,
If I may reword: You would still use Preview to show what is to be transitioned to Main.

but it would be nice to have a heads up of the available inputs right on the VT[4] control screen.
Well, you have it for the moment, but try switching with it for a bit and you will see the difference between this and TriCaster and TriCaster Pro. If you place the Key / Aux source on Preview so that you can, say, dissolve it to air, you have immediately moved to monitoring only two cameras. Or say instead you cut the Key / Aux directly to air, you have also changed another way to monitoring only two cameras.

The TriCaster and TriCaster Pro always have three of a possible six cameras active, genlocked, and ready to be switched. Their monitors are dedicated to the three active sources, and maintain that, even when they are put to air by any means.

Nes Gurley

SBowie
08-07-2007, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by jdecroos
This would be similar to the TriCaster where a preview monitor is available for each of the inputs attached..

Now you have muddied the water. I would say similar for this moment, but not the same..
Which is precisely why I answered the way I did.

The question was clearly in pursuit of the ability to open multiple monitors locked to specific Switcher Inputs. While there is some very limited flexibility to show one additional input using the Key/Aux bus, this does not really offer TC Studio/Pro-like ability. (The absence of similar facility in TC-S, which takes a more VT-like approach, has been widely commented on by those who miss this feature, and can hardly be ignored without being deliberately disingenuous.)