PDA

View Full Version : Black Renders

Andrewstopheles
08-06-2007, 11:39 AM
I have had three times now a render to quicktime mov file that the result was a full length quicktime movie but the picture was completely black. I am using classic or real lens camera, and either animation or "motion jpeg a" as my setting in quicktime. When I import the clip into a video editor it is also black. Oddly enough if I try to re-render it usually comes out fine the next time. Any thoughts?

Bytehawk
08-06-2007, 01:03 PM
tip :
always render to a lossless image sequence of png's or similar
then reassemble in quicktime later

if you have a problem during render you will have lost everything if you only save in an avi o quicktime

BigHache
08-06-2007, 08:57 PM
That kinda sounds like a codec issue with the QT movie. I've not run into that issue myself though.

I'd check to see if any of your other apps on that system are able to produce QT .movs that replicate that error.

MUCUS
08-07-2007, 05:49 AM
Hi Andrew,

I just think as Bytehawk: the possibility to render a full sequence in only one video file may look interesting (less work!), but now I just think it's a bad thing, because you can have crach that erase all your render, or many codec problems, as yours.

For your problem, it cannot comes from the camera properties, maybe you can fix it in the render globals (just choose quicktime and let the option/compression on "animation", without compress), but it sound like a quicktime problem.
You can try to relaunch to "qttimes.p" plugins or try to reinstall the lastest quicktime.

Hope you can fix it, good luck!!:)

(To be sure that it is not a Lightwave problem, try to render your scene as AVI sequence, or render an other scene with the Quicktime render, you'll be fix!)

Matt
08-07-2007, 06:33 AM
I recently had two (of four) computers at work rendering using FPrime render totally black, there was something going on, I could see some reflections (albeit very dark).

The other two computers that were rendering were fine.

When I re-started the bad renders the next morning everything was fine, without any changes whatsoever. It was really odd, no idea what caused it.

Andrewstopheles
03-07-2008, 09:02 PM
Been following Bytehawk's suggestion as a rule for quite a while now, thanks.