PDA

View Full Version : lipsync

djozy
08-06-2007, 07:56 AM
Well you already know that I use my VT for live switching
Beside the problem of the delay between buses cuts theres also a few frames delay in the video output.
Meaning that the video I s a little late in compare to the audio.
why is that?

* I'm not using audio through the vt.

SBowie
08-06-2007, 08:39 AM
I think you just answered your own question (follow the asterisk).

djozy
08-06-2007, 09:18 AM
this is the only way???
its an awful thing to hear.
with means that my camera preview monitor and my program monitor will always be out of sync?

wvp
08-06-2007, 11:29 AM
You could run your pre-mixed audio through the VT or you could could get a delay device to hold up the audio.

SBowie
08-06-2007, 11:29 AM
I don't wish to rain on the parade, but almost any device in the pipeline (from source to display) is going to introduce some latency - 'cutting a corner' with the audio only by skipping devices that the video must go through is bound to introduce some mismatch, imho.

djozy
08-06-2007, 11:49 PM
I don't wish to rain on the parade, but almost any device in the pipeline (from source to display) is going to introduce some latency - 'cutting a corner' with the audio only by skipping devices that the video must go through is bound to introduce some mismatch, imho.

Yes but this is a delay that you actually see.
at least 5 frames

SBowie
08-07-2007, 08:16 AM
That can likely be improved, I would think. There are those here who specialize in IMAG, and who can likely help you reduce latency somewhat if you spell out your signal path.