PDA

View Full Version : Rendition-LW formats for Photoshop?

Terence Daniels
08-05-2007, 09:58 PM
I'm wondering about rendition. Will it allow you to import native LW format into Photoshop CS3. The specs on this addition to PS are a bit confusing. HAs anyone got a beta yet? Can you save textures with OBJ files from LW. Seems like there was a tutorial somewhere about embedding textures into OBJ files?

:lwicon:

Ivan D. Young
08-06-2007, 06:38 AM
I would like to see a U3D format import/export plugin so we don't havge to worry about this. After all If LW can be made to work inside of PS why can't we have U3D?

Andyjaggy
08-06-2007, 09:37 AM
You would think Newtek would include native LWO support since they are the ones making the program. It would seem rather silly and pretty poor marketing not to include your own format.

Ztreem
08-06-2007, 12:05 PM
You would think Newtek would include native LWO support since they are the ones making the program. It would seem rather silly and pretty poor marketing not to include your own format.

:agree: It wouldn't be completely wrong with more and better exporters and importers for Lightwave either.

Andyjaggy
08-07-2007, 12:26 PM
:agree: It wouldn't be completely wrong with more and better exporters and importers for Lightwave either.

Yeah I have gotten to the point where I never use LW to export or import. I just open up DE and do it there, it's faster and more reliable. How hard could it be to write or at least buy and incorporate a decent OBJ importer???

Ivan D. Young
08-07-2007, 12:58 PM
I think it would help Newtek to get the importers and exporters as current as they can right now. it seems like a lot apps are not quite as cross platform as they use to be. Maybe being able I/O to different stuff might be good. Several software manufacturers seem to not want to play nice( Autodesk,Adobe) you get the idea, it would be handy to have some more flexibilty in this area.

gerry_g
08-07-2007, 01:34 PM
Yeah PS's import procedure for .obj's (from LW) is failing due to lack of an .mtl file, C4D and Modo both play just fine with PS, it's like a lot of LW right now, a terrific program with some astounding (and somewhat fundamental) omissions.