PDA

View Full Version : Capture all inputs to disk

deckhardt
08-04-2007, 10:02 PM
Does the Tricaster capture all 3 inputs to its hard drive, as well as the Live one I'm switching to?

When editing, I'd like the flexibility of selecting one of the other two camera's if I've made a bad choice during live.

What is the highest resolution can each of the tricasters capture at?

Thanks,

Dave

D3Cast
08-05-2007, 01:10 AM
Does the Tricaster capture all 3 inputs to its hard drive, as well as the Live one I'm switching to?It does not, alas. Just the program output. Also, as you may know, only the TriCaster Pro (and Studio, I assume) can record AVI and stream Windows Media simultaneously. The TriCaster-100 can only do one or the other.

What is the highest resolution can each of the tricasters capture at?The TriCaster's only capture resolution is using the NT25 codec, which has a quality (and 5:1 compression ratio) similar to that of DV-AVI. (To be (I hope) completely accurate, as I alluded to above, if using a TC-100 and streaming Windows Media, the answer to this question is "the Windows Media profile at which you are currently streaming".)

Hope that helps.

-steve

deckhardt
08-09-2007, 10:24 AM
Can the Tricaster do 16:9 for output to a DVD and playing on a widescreen?

Is the NT25 Codec similar to 720x480 resolution of a DVD?

Is there enough of an increase in quality to going to the Component inputs from a Sony BRC-300 ($4,000 + Analogue Card) or is the output from a Canon VC-C50i SVideo pretty darn close.

Thanks for all the help,

Dave