PDA

View Full Version : Hexagon and amapi developers

scratch33
08-03-2007, 01:46 AM
The hexagon and amapi dev team is looking for job. If this can be helpfull for somebody, they have made same very good stuff...:)
Like dynamic modeling, very cool intuitive modelling tools, sculpt and paint 3d, very usefull uvmap unwrapping...

http://forums.polyloop.net/news-english/12366-good-bye-e-frontier-good-bye-amapi.html

StereoMike
08-03-2007, 02:36 AM
Hexagon has some great functions and I like the feel of it. I hope they get a decent job.

mike

Nemoid
08-03-2007, 06:50 AM
yeah that ! hiring em would be very clever : they have great and fresh ideas and Hexagon was a great start : very intuitive and handy software for modelling, UVing ,painting and sculpting :agree:

slow= yeah, but if someone had given those people the time to better develop and debug, who knows ?

Andyjaggy
08-03-2007, 09:43 AM
Amapi was my first 3D modeling tool :D Those were the days.

cresshead
08-03-2007, 11:15 AM
if lw9.* got some of the hexagon workflows/tools that would be neat!

geothefaust
08-03-2007, 11:52 AM
if lw9.* got some of the hexagon workflows/tools that would be neat!

It really would. Hex2 has some great tools available, that I'd like to see in LW. Particularly it's UV unwrapping.

scratch33
08-05-2007, 02:40 AM
:compbeati Hey Nemoid, you have posted this message on luxology forum!!!:twak:

I prefer that this kind of great tools goes to lightwave and not to modo.:D

GRRR...

:D

AbnRanger
08-05-2007, 01:37 PM
:compbeati Hey Nemoid, you have posted this message on luxology forum!!!:twak:

I prefer that this kind of great tools goes to lightwave and not to modo.:D

GRRR...

:DModo already has them! There's nothing they could offer that Modo doesn't already have...and Modo's implementation is much better.

Kryos
08-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Modo already has them! There's nothing they could offer that Modo doesn't already have...and Modo's implementation is much better.

But Hexagon's is much cheaper. :p

scratch33
08-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratch33
Hey Nemoid, you have posted this message on luxology forum!!!

I prefer that this kind of great tools goes to lightwave and not to modo.

GRRR...

Modo already has them! There's nothing they could offer that Modo doesn't already have...and Modo's implementation is much better.

I have say this like a joke.:D . The most important thing is that the dev team found a good job because they are very talentous.

Modo don't have the same things of hexagon. Only different things and different implementation.:)

And I thing that certain guys are too sure that modo is the ultimate 3d application...:king: :jester:

Kryos
08-05-2007, 02:15 PM
I have say this like a joke.:D . The most important thing is that the dev team found a good job because they are very talentous.

Modo don't have the same things of hexagon. Only different things and different implementation.:)

And I thing that certain guys are too sure that modo is the ultimate 3d application...:king: :jester:

I don't like Modo myself. Hehehehe. I'm perfectly happy with ZBrush 3 and Hexagon 2 for getting modeling stuff done.

AbnRanger
08-05-2007, 02:25 PM
Sure Hexagon is cheaper...but that wasn't the issue. It was about not letting Modo get the tools that Hex has.
Those tools being texture and displacement painting....easy UV unwrap, etc.

If Hexagon suits your needs, mo' power to ya. I was just point out that, although Hex has some nifty tools that aren't present in LW...that's not the case with Modo.

scratch33
08-05-2007, 02:32 PM
If Hexagon suits your needs, mo' power to ya. I was just point out that, although Hex has some nifty tools that aren't present in LW...that's not the case with Modo.

Yes, that's true. The sculpting in modo(for know) his awesome and for example, I like very much the implementation of dynamic modelling in modo or the versatility of the different extrusion or the gordon or coons surface or the deformation cage or the dynamic spline deformation or...:D :D :D

Kryos
08-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Sure Hexagon is cheaper...but that wasn't the issue. It was about not letting Modo get the tools that Hex has.
Those tools being texture and displacement painting....easy UV unwrap, etc.

Well, all in all, even though the amapi developers are out of a job, e-frontier doesn't own hexagon so hexagon is a moot point here anyhow. Daz3D owns hexagon and is supporting it and has been since Eovia got split up and sold off its assets. Carrara and hexagon went to Daz3D and Amapi went to E-Frontier... and honestly, with the way e-frontier does things, I'm not shocked they decided to abandon Amapi and have it fall off the face of the earth.