PDA

View Full Version : imported object issues..

smellybug
08-02-2007, 11:21 AM
Heya;

So when I import an object that was made in LW, then exported to Zbrush then reimported, it:

1 is flipped or inside out

2 Symmetry doesn't work until I delete half the model and re mirror that half

3 the model comes is with light grey wireframe lines as opposed to the dark blue, making it harder to see.

ALSO
Does anyone know how to make the display preferences stick permanently? Every time I turn off the grid it ends up reappearing later or when I restart the program.

Thanks for putting up with the noobishness.

Andyjaggy
08-02-2007, 11:45 AM
I think zbrush always flips the normals of your mesh. Just hit F to flip them back

Any imported object will have a gray wireframe. this is normal. Just go to refine and change it back to dark blue.

Wonderpup
08-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Something else I noticed when moving a mesh between Zbrush and Lightwave is a weird 'attenuation' effect where the base mesh gets progressively smoother- not sure why but I found my mesh melting the more often I moved it back and forth.

I don't mean that more geometry is added, it's more like the base mesh is being smoothed or inflated in some way.

JamesCurtis
08-03-2007, 12:07 PM
Well, though I don't have zbrush, it could be the way it is loading the model, posibly splining it or something. Not all that unusual for an importer to interpret a format slightly differently. You may want to post this question on the zbrush forum.