PDA

View Full Version : September 2007 Annual Star Wars Convention

Bodger Bowham
08-02-2007, 03:03 AM
Ok, now that I've got you to look here....

I am having a problem with what appears to be the lighting in my Lightwave Layout.

When I render a scene on my computer, everything seems to run smoothly. However, when I render the exact same scene file on another computer in my office, the lighting appears brighter, giving me an over-exposed image.

I have looked at my light properties and FPrime settings and they are exactly the same on both PCs, as are the surface styles.

I have noticed this problem with only 2 of my scene files (I produce several a day).

I get the feeling this may be an FPrime plugin issue rather than a Lightwave one, which I have recently upgraded from 9.0 to 9.2.

Anyway, I have attached the good render and the over-exposed one so you get an idea what the problem is.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Thanks.

JeffrySG
08-02-2007, 07:18 AM
Wasn't there a change in the intensity of area lights in one of the versions? not sure if it was from 9 to 9.2... maybe some one else has more info...

also...

very very sneaky... I was just here for the SW info... hahahaha

Bodger Bowham
08-06-2007, 09:19 AM
There doesn't seem to be a change in light intensity between LW 9.0 and 9.2.

I know this because I also made a render of this file on a third computer, which did not have the same problem as mine.