PDA

View Full Version : Mac Pro 8 core

MrPixel
08-01-2007, 06:38 PM
Hi there,

I am waiting for a new mac with 8 core and would like to know how it work with arsenal.
Does it work with LW 7.5 included?
Is it possible to install render only coponent of newer LW for native Intel rendering speeed?
Or should I use parallels desktop or vmware to run windows XP render?

thanks a lot for any help or sugestions!

Dan_NT
12-13-2007, 10:14 AM
LightWave 7.5 may work with 3DArsenal however Macintosh has gone through a lot of changes since the days of LightWave 7.5. Intel CPUs and various OS changes have happened since then, we developed the Universal Binary version of LightWave 9 for this specific reason; to catch up with Apple's latest technology and ensure performance and stability.

Given the development of LightWave and 3DArsenal on a new Mac I would suggest the best solution as working LightWave 9.3.1 Power PC version with the 3D Arsenal content and plugins. This would also give you a considerable increase in render quality and speed if you work with the latest version of LightWave on an 8-core Macintosh.

As for Parallels; it can be a worth while solution, but not for more graphically intensive applications. If anything, you'd do better to work with Boot Camp on Windows XP Professional SP2 more than any other choice.