PDA

View Full Version : Playing QT/Real audio

dauntless
08-01-2007, 04:08 PM
I have had this problem long as I remember but I don't think that it always plagued my TV system. It's pretty irritating but not enough to ask about it before now. I am not even sure if it is the VT software or hardware that causes this issue:

I cannot successfully play QT audio on my VT station. In other words, when I play a QT movie through QT player or REAL player the audio does not play correctly. There is an incessant stuttering that occurs from start to finish. This is any QT video weather I create it or I download it. Windows Media Player...Fine.

Has anyone else out there experienced this issue?

Chris

ScorpioProd
08-01-2007, 04:28 PM
This is normal.

You need to use your motherboard's audio output or an audio card if you want to hear QT correctly.

dauntless
08-01-2007, 04:33 PM
I was wondering if that might have been it. I actually dont have on board audio. I guess when my systems guy built it, he assumed that I would not need it.

Question:

1. is that a common/recommended set up for a VT system. In other words, will this cause any probs for the TV hardware/playback?

thanks for the feedback!

Chris

dauntless
08-01-2007, 04:59 PM
Is there a basic sound board that you would recommend I purchase?

ScorpioProd
08-01-2007, 05:34 PM
I don't have any I recommend, but I think a cheap SoundBlaster board would be fine. I have on-board audio on my motherboard.

It doesn't interfere with my VT at all. You just set your system sounds to go to the sound card or on-board audio. All VT audio will still go in and out of the VT card.

It used to be said that well, wait for VT[5], and that will support it since SE is in it and that supports QT. Well, I wouldn't count on that solution. See, SE 1.2 supports QT, but only up to QT6 formats, and without using the actual QT. More importantly, the audio issue you bring up didn't start till QT 7.

So, IMHO, I don't think VT[5] will fix it, but hey, never know.

dauntless
08-01-2007, 05:51 PM
thanks for the info. You are awesome!

PIZAZZ
08-02-2007, 01:51 PM
to minimize any possible IRQ or similar issues, I would suggest you purchase a USB based sound card for this use. You don't have to open up the box to install it either.

dauntless
08-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Would this device suffice? So I hook this up and it works? Plug and Play?

Behringer UCA202 USB Interface

http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--BEHUCA202