PDA

View Full Version : Network Rendering an realtime HD editing?

Curly_01
07-30-2007, 01:12 PM
Hi,

1)
It would be very nice if Speededit would support network rendering over multiple computers. (Perhaps you could re-use the Screamernet software from Lightwave also for Speededit. The "competition" -> Autodesk does re uses its render manager software Backburner.) Which doesn't mean that I am not overwelmed by this product. I think it has got the potential to blow other non lineair editors. I'm certainly considering it. Given it's friendly price tag and its potential.:)

2)
HD editing is the future. So, on your website you say that it can do realtime HD editing at full frame speed without an intermediate codec, as other packages do. Is this correct? (Or is there extra processing on the background. Hopefully without to many swapping of files and without choking the processor. -> I'm not very patient when it comes to handling software. :devil: )

John Perkins
07-30-2007, 04:46 PM
On a reasonable system (a year or two old) you can edit HD in realtime.

On my 2 year old (admittedly large) workstation, I can get 7 1080i layers as picture in pictures in realtime.

PIZAZZ
07-30-2007, 07:53 PM
On a reasonable system (a year or two old) you can edit HD in realtime.

On my 2 year old (admittedly large) workstation, I can get 7 1080i layers as picture in pictures in realtime.

Yeah I have seen John's and it is rather large. :)

His workstation. That is what I am talking about.

vtlipera
08-24-2007, 08:59 AM
Speaking of HD editing, any news of when SE will properly handle Panny's MXF files, and all their flavors. I sent Newtek sample videos but have not heard any thing for a while. There are many of us out here with this camera and are very disapointed with SE so far. Please any news would be appreciated.

ted
08-25-2007, 07:41 PM
We've been using SE with the DVCPro files a LOT lately. I know there is a file type or two that has issues, but I've not run into one.

Which Camera do you have?
We have and love the HVX200. I wasn't comfortable moving to the tapeless workflow, but now I try and convince my clients to use it over the Beta when we can.

vtlipera
08-27-2007, 10:24 AM
which type of files on the P2 card from the HVX200 work for you. What do you render it to. I can't seem to make it work well on SE1.2. Thanks.

gstonebank
08-27-2007, 12:00 PM
We are using MXF's shot on a Panasonic AG-HPX500 on Speededit 1.2

So far....

DVCPRO50 MXF's are recognised but are very sluggish compared to DV or RTV. The general responsiveness takes a huge dive when MXF's are used

DVCPRO HD 720p50 footage is not recognised by SE

Should this footage be recognised?

Which MXF flavours are known to work?