PDA

View Full Version : Add Virtual Mirror to perfect symmetry in LW8.

Valter
02-20-2003, 11:02 PM
Pls Newtek, luxology, programmers, engeneer, god, someone.

Add Virtual Mirror(wings3d) to lw8 pls. LW symmetry is very bored to hi-res models.
ever we need to fix symetry in LW. Enough of zoom, select points, drag viewport, select point,.... ctrl+V set X=0m. argh:mad:
Virtual Mirror is best way to get perfect symmetry.

thanks

Capt Lightwave
02-23-2003, 09:25 AM
What about working on 1 half of the model and then mirroring when necessary?

Dunno, but atleast it doesn't bog up unecessary memory and system resources....

Castius
02-23-2003, 12:49 PM
cause it's difficult to sometimes see what your model looks like mirrored, and that will only place your uv's on top of each other not mirror them. Nore will it help you if you only want to have some uv section mirrored. I wouldn't mind a way to customize symmetry what axis, and value and to top it off even have multiple symmetry within an object, that could be sectioned off by surface or parts.

faulknermano
02-24-2003, 12:48 AM
castius, could you explain how virtual mirror works?

Castius
02-24-2003, 07:33 AM
Just to be clear things up, I don't want virtual mirror. virtual mirror are just that virtual so in odrer to work on the mirror you need to freeze it. Not good. All i want is a more powerfull symmetry.

faulknermano
02-24-2003, 10:22 AM
okay then... valter, what's virtual mirror?? :D

-wT-
02-24-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by faulknermano
okay then... valter, what's virtual mirror?? :D

Interactive mirroring. Stuff you do to the other side get's mirrored to the other side instantly.
Basically, it's like Symmetry now, but you can do everything to the first side and the other updates... It works like Symmetry should be working :)

Valter
02-24-2003, 12:36 PM
hi all.
Faulknermano. I will have pleasure so much

Virtual mirror is best way to you get symmetry.

You need only select any polygon face and click create virtual mirror and you got your half model completer in other side.
the vertices located in axi x=0 don't move along axi X (it's locked) so you don't lost symmetry. If you have a high density model you turn off virtual mirror and you got your half model to do anything. when you finish modeling your model, just freeze and your models is ready, no pain *** with lost symmetry.

Excuse my poor english.

If you want have to know more about virtual mirror. go to www.wings3d.com and download wings 3D (1.700 Kb). It have a good virtual mirror and you'll like it.

thanks all

Valter
03-01-2003, 07:54 AM
So. Nobody did like of VIRTUAL MIRROR to make better LW symmetry???

thanks

faulknermano
03-01-2003, 10:59 PM
valter.. i think virtual mirror is a great idea. i think it's better, in concept, than symmetry mode, because there can be no errors when only one side _really_ exists. it's more slick than lw's symmetry, imho. maybe newtek'll bite.??

Valter
03-05-2003, 10:15 AM
hi Faulknermano

well I'm with you. Is it possible make a virtual mirror plugin for LW?? or LW core don't allow to do a virtual mirror ?

btw, LW symmetry need improve a lot.

Please programmer make a virtual mirror for lw.

thanks and excuse my english.

Epita
03-05-2003, 03:44 PM
well the ship i did was made only with one half, then mirrored over. In order to save my PC, its made of small chunks in a layer, mirrored then merged to get one big Phat mother! Virtual mirror sounds quite cool though, could do with a matrix mirror in Layout as well if they are doing it

Epita

faulknermano
03-05-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Valter
[B]hi Faulknermano

well I'm with you. Is it possible make a virtual mirror plugin for LW?? or LW core don't allow to do a virtual mirror ?

i would not know how to implement it personally. but it may be possible... depends on the creativity of the programmer, i suppose.

note that i like LW's symmetry as it is because it offers certain flexibility. for example, making a 'non-symmetrical' symmetry: using endomorphs to 'de-symmetrize" your model and using symmetry to edit points that are no longer 'symmetrical.' i think Virtual Mirror should be APPEND, not REPLACE the current symmetry implementation.

Valter
03-06-2003, 10:00 PM
Well. I don't like of lw symmetry, because have a bug. I think so
Try make smShift with symmetry on and you will can see what I mean. I don't suggest virtual mirror replaces current lw symmetry, noway. Virtual mirror would be a aditional feature to modeling.
I can't believe that others artists modelers don't bother with LW symmetry when they're go to fix symmetry of your high density models. LW symmetry works very fine with a low mid models. But high models is very bored work.

Come on Faulknermano. Make a Virtual mirror for us. Please :D

thanks guys and excuse my english. I hope someday to speak a good english, maybe even lw8 release day. :D

Valter
03-14-2003, 10:37 AM
up

Valter
04-22-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Valter
Pls Newtek, luxology, programmers, engeneer, god, someone.

Add Virtual Mirror(wings3d) to lw8 pls. LW symmetry is very bored to hi-res models.
ever we need to fix symetry in LW. Enough of zoom, select points, drag viewport, select point,.... ctrl+V set X=0m. argh:mad:
Virtual Mirror is best way to get perfect symmetry.

thanks

sorry guys but I think that lw really need it

Hiraghm
04-25-2003, 04:54 PM
Hey, Valter, I've been meaning to ask you..

Do you really think LW needs virtual symmetry? :D

private
04-25-2003, 06:19 PM
I agree. Wings virtual mirror is really nice. There's no worry about breaking symmetry. That's the goal. If you could break symmetry in Lightwave, there there would be no need. Especially sometimes on detailed models, you have to be very careful as you get closer to the middle. This can't happen in Wings, and really is what the symmetry work around is now. It's just a more robust symmetry, which I would find hard for people not to like. I hope it gets included in the next version, if possible.

Valter
04-26-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by private
I agree. Wings virtual mirror is really nice. There's no worry about breaking symmetry. That's the goal. If you could break symmetry in Lightwave, there there would be no need. Especially sometimes on detailed models, you have to be very careful as you get closer to the middle. This can't happen in Wings, and really is what the symmetry work around is now. It's just a more robust symmetry, which I would find hard for people not to like. I hope it gets included in the next version, if possible.

exatly Private :D :D

LW could be used to bones, weigths and UV or make many instances of Virtual Mirror to selected parts of model.

Really is very bored work with symmetry on a detailed model in the middle.
And with virtual mirror you don't get problem with some tools like smshift, stretch etc on the model.

excuse my english