PDA

View Full Version : Can't round some edges?? help...

JeffrySG
07-29-2007, 08:09 PM
Hi all... I've been trying to round the highlighted edges in this model the whole night... I finally got the left edges to round, but I still can't get the right set of edges to round using rounder. I've looked for extra verts, extra edges, etc, but no luck. I get the standard L138 error - A selected point in not inside the surface of the selected polygons.

Does anyone have any suggestions? or things to try? I'll post the file in case anyone wants to give it a whirl! It's a 9.2 file btw.

Thanks for any help!!
Jeff

JeffrySG
07-29-2007, 08:28 PM
OK, I got it... it seem that when rounder rounded that last edge it didn't connect some edges one OGL polys... not sure why... maybe because I used the OGL polys? seems weird that it would do that... so I had two edges on top of each other. But I got it working now. Boy these things drive-me-crazy!!!

steve0077
07-29-2007, 08:42 PM
2 ways I did it by merging polys and the other by adding geometry to guide rounder. Hope this helps.

JeffrySG
07-29-2007, 09:01 PM
Steve, what polys did you select to merge them? I'd be curious to know, and how did you know what polys to select in this case? thx for the help!
Jeff

ps. Steve, it was actually the other corner I was talking about... sorry if the wireframe was confusing, but it was the corner next to the rounded one, not opposite it.

steve0077
07-29-2007, 09:34 PM
Compare mine with your original and you will see. The add geometry one I addded a edge to divide the edge I didn't want rounded because rounder rounds everthing between two end vertices the extra vertice keeps rounder from flowing threw that edge that you didn't want rounded. The other way was too merge the polys on top to force rounder around edges in the middle.

Surrealist.
07-30-2007, 11:59 AM
I did a little tutorial on rounde (http://www.lightwiki.com/Working_with_Rounder_and_Edge_Bevel)r that may also help.