PDA

View Full Version : Can I combine multiple scenes?

medicalart
07-29-2007, 03:33 PM
To combine scenes, is it best to load one scene and then choose "load objects from scene" to get the other ones in? Or is there a better way?

My problem is similar to having animated two hands in their own scene, but now I want to put them on the arms of a model in a different scene.

Thanks.

SplineGod
07-29-2007, 06:10 PM
Are the hands attached to a mesh or separate objects?

medicalart
07-29-2007, 08:01 PM
I have broken it into separate objects. I will conceal the break. (Like putting a wrist watch over the wrist)

PS I'm learning a ton of things from your "Definitive Guide to Rigging" dvd which I got a few months ago.

SplineGod
07-29-2007, 08:52 PM
Great! Glad its working out for you. Dont forget to post any questions on the KURV support forums or mine. :)
Do you need to load motions from one rig onto another?

medicalart
07-30-2007, 07:42 AM
Yes, I was hoping to combine scenes to preserve as many of the motions and settings that were already done in the separate scenes.

SplineGod
07-30-2007, 09:30 AM
If you want to save and reuse poses or animation you can use motion mixer, IKBoost or a couple of plugins from DStorm - HMOT Saver and Map Motion 2.

medicalart
12-19-2007, 08:57 PM
Can I parent items loaded from a scene to a null in order to move them around easily and still preserve an IK chain and controllers?

I've got a snake with 50 bones, an IK chain and 10 nulls as controllers. They were all in one scene before. I've now loaded those "items from scene" into another working scene, but the snake and controllers are in the wrong location. I need to move everything, but there are too many channels to reckon with in the graph editor (each of the controller nulls has keys.)

Is there an easy way to do this? If I parent the snake items to a null, how do I set up the hierarchy? Thanks for any suggestions.

SplineGod
12-19-2007, 09:04 PM
Parenting a rig and controllers to a master null is a pretty common practice. I would do that before doing a load from scene.