PDA

View Full Version : 9.2 morph map trouble

PolymerJones
07-28-2007, 09:43 AM
Ho, boy. This one just cropped up.

I have four objects in a scene. FISH_PLAIN 1 through 3, and FISH_FANCY. Each FISH PLAIN is the same object, saved under three different names with different texture maps. FISH FANCY is a completely different object.

All the FISH PLAIN objects have an identical morph map setup, because they share identical geometry. FISH FANCY has a unique set of morph maps, with different morph names from FISH PLAIN.

When I adjust the morph maps of one of the FISH PLAINS, it affects every one of the FISH PLAIN objects. I can not make adjustments to any of the morphs of any FISH PLAIN object without affecting the morph animation of every FISH PLAIN object. Not good. The FISH PLAINS are not instanced or cloned objects. They are uniquely named and LOADED FROM SCENE. I can move the bones of each FISH PLAIN without affecting the other FISH PLAINs, but I can not morph them independently.

I load FISH FANCY into the scene from its setup scene, which has already-completed morph and bone animation. The bone animation is intact, but the morph animation is not present. I select PROPERTIES for FISH FANCY and bring up its deformation panel. I double-click Morph Mixer to examine the morph parameters.

FISH FANCY's morph map names are not there. Instead, the map names from FISH PLAIN are shown. If I move a slider, ALL the FISH PLAIN models respond. I can not access the morph maps of FISH FANCY. I recheck the original model and scenes, and all is well. This problem only takes place when all the models are in the scene simultaneously.

1. Has anyone else encountered this?
2. Any ideas on how to fix it?

The last time I ran into a similar problem was with the disastrously buggy Lightwave 6.0. Since then, LW versions have not had this problem. Now it's back!

I'm off now to rename each object arbitrarily to see if that helps.

alvin_cgi
07-28-2007, 05:06 PM
I want to know how to fix that as well... I also having problem using morph mixer...:thumbsdow

Carm3D
07-28-2007, 05:11 PM
Try creating duplicate files of your fish character. Fish01.lwo, Fish02.lwo, etc. Then when you load from scene, swap the fish object with a unique fish object name.

If that doesn't work, clone the scene you are using "Load Items From Scene", and save out duplicate scenes, each using a different Fishxx.lwo object.

I don't know if this will work for sure.. never encountered this problem. But this is the first thing I would try if it were me.