PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with effects

Costanel
07-28-2007, 03:06 AM
Hello there!

I've recently started with making a little movie for a project at school, but to save time, I want to create some simple and editable effects. :help:
Can someone tell me how to do this?

1. I want to make an effect of an text to becomes visible, like a mask passing through. But I want to be able to use a soft falloff of transparency(so clip-maps aren't an option). Preferably I want to use several forms(like rounds, images and squares)

2. I want to create several character with the same rig. I can edit the bones in modeler, but I need to setup the rig again(weight maps, positions and displacements) within Layout. How can I easily copy a to other characters(incl IKBoost)?

3. Since 9.2 is so handy with radiosity, I want to use only a HDR-map to light an object. I only need a plane where to object can cast shadow on without it being visible. I want this plane to be just the spherical map with a shadow, because the the camera rotates around a scene and shows the objects in the scene. Front projection does not work with spherical Projection, and doesn't work with animations. Is the another way without using masking and postprocessing?

Thanks in advance!

SplineGod
07-28-2007, 03:47 AM
1. Use transparency maps. You can also still use clip maps along with a transparency map to soften edges. Transparency maps can be faded in using layer opacity as well.

3. If you want to make it easy to reuse rigs then dont use weight maps or keep them as simple as you can. All you have to do is replace the character with another or save the rig as a RIG file and reuse it. That way all your settings are still there on the bones. Using skelegons becomes more problematic. Its better IMO to just rig in layout.