PDA

View Full Version : Dropout Compensation

NVentive
07-27-2007, 02:37 PM
I've got a strip of DV tape here that has dropout something awefull. It starts out with only a few flashes here and there, 15 minutes later it's pretty bad. I have no choice but to use it somehow. I've tried cleaning it up in Aura, but am having some 'save' issues there.
Does anyone know of some kind of software routine that could help here? If I could interpolate frames without changing the speed, that would be great....
Or -- is there a DV deck that has some kind of dropout compensation?

Thanks -- S

SBowie
07-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Drop me a note offlist if you want help doing it in Aura, but I wonder if you might try just double-stacking the ame clip in VT-Edit with a small frame offset, and lumakeying out the worst white dropout from the lower clip.

wvp
07-28-2007, 10:38 PM
I've heard (but not confirmed) that high end Sony decks (like the DSR-2000) can help with this. You might want to look at rental places.

jin choung
07-28-2007, 11:12 PM
actually,

a more "hi tech" way of trying to address the issue is using pixel interpolation.

there's a method in after effects (based on a dedicated plugin) that will allow you to create inbetweens based on existing footage. kinda time consuming to get good results (read: not really automatic) but you can give it a shot.

look up pixel interpolation, reel motion and/or after effects to get an idea of what i'm talking about.

jin