PDA

View Full Version : Vue 6 xStream/Lightwave question

chrispmott
07-27-2007, 10:46 AM
I am having trouble integrating Vue with Lightwave. I have tried to export the entire scene, which is incredibly simple. It's just an atmosphere, ground, and water plain. If I export the scene, the program hangs if I try and increase the texture resolution much above 1000. (running XPpro, intel core2 duo, 2GHz, 2GB RAM) If I keep it under 1000, and open the scene in Lightwave it looks pathetic. The ground turns out to be just a small patch of polygons, not the expansive ground that it was in Vue. The water is non existent, and the sky looks okay, but not great. Once in Lightwave, although it looks awful, due to the lack of what appears to be any documentation as to how to do it, I can't figure out how the xStream interface is supposed to be accessed in Lightwave. I have the vuesynch plugin installed, but obviously that just synchs lights/cameras between the two programs. That has enough problems of its own. But all the advertisements claim that you are supposed to be able to virtually run Vue inside of the Lightwave application. All I can seem to do is export a pretty lousy excuse of a scene into Lightwave and get a useless render out of it. What am I missing?

Andyjaggy
07-27-2007, 11:10 AM
do you actually have the Xstream version? If you do you just need to open up the Vue plugin in lightwave and then click on the button that says ope the vue interface. From there anything you do in view will automatically show up in LW. Or at least will render in Lightwave.

I agree though there is very little documentation on how to sync the two programs.

chrispmott
07-27-2007, 12:58 PM
I do have 6 xStream, but the only plugin that I was aware of is the vuesynch.p. When I run that, it only gives the options of synch data, export synch data, and close. Where do I get/find this other plugin?

Andyjaggy
07-27-2007, 01:00 PM
nope there should be another plugin you need to install. I'm not sure where it is, I think it installed automatically when I installed Vue.

chrispmott
07-27-2007, 01:20 PM
I decided to uninstall/reinstall, and what do you know...there it is. Thanks.

ben martin
07-30-2007, 03:38 AM
Using the xStream plug-in you should be able to see the full Vue scene inside Lightwave Layout (OpenGL) just like that!
My team uses xStream 6 and Lightwave 9 with great success and it's very easy to use!

Cheers.

tonybliss
07-30-2007, 04:02 AM
ahhh ...... the xstream plugin is automatically installed in the plugins\utilities folder.
I just move it to a folder i create in the plugins folder

nemac4
08-02-2007, 04:19 PM
I'm running multi-boot 32 and 64 and the Vue xstream installer put the Vue6xstream plug in the 32bit folder on the wrong drive. :twak:
It took me a while to figure it out... Just thought I'd mention it in case others were having trouble.

wiccan22
08-14-2007, 03:26 AM
i purchased Vue X stream 6 for lightwave, so when i am installing X stream it gives me the choice of which platform to choose so mines is lightwave 9.2 or 9.3 but it says that it cannot find the file path to lightwaves program folder. So nothing works but the funny thing is that it will only work on any beta version of lightwave, can anyone help me with my problem, and X stream 6 is a sidegrade upgrade from vue 6 infinite.

ben martin
08-14-2007, 06:50 AM
i purchased Vue X stream 6 for lightwave, so when i am installing X stream it gives me the choice of which platform to choose so mines is lightwave 9.2 or 9.3 but it says that it cannot find the file path to lightwaves program folder.

When it asks which platform you want to use, just select Lightwave and use the "browse" option to point to your Lightwave installation folder path.
Easy as that! :)

3dworks
08-14-2007, 08:08 AM
anyone here using the new OSX version of vue xstream? i'm having massive problems and e-on support is not really helpful until now. it seems the plugin is still in alpha rather than in a release version. even the most simple ecosystem will only show partially inside LW whatever opengl setting i switch to, the LW interface becomes more or less unresponsive after opening the vue screen and switching back, and inside the vue interface neither numerical input nor object translation with mouse is possible! also, the camera from LW scene is not imported to the vue scene, only the other way round (maybe it is supposed to work that way, but anyway - that's not very practical...).

any other experiences on OSX? would like to know if it is only with my setup. using the latest UB build on macpro 8 core with the lame nvidia 7300 GT card (ATI X1900 already ordered).

markus

wiccan22
08-14-2007, 08:58 AM
That is the problem, i do go to the browse for file path but all i get is, (The application lightwave 9.0 can't be found on the specified path). I have gone over every possible way to install it to my files but it just will not take. Only the beta copies take the install process. Thanks for the feed back i hope all is well.

ben martin
08-14-2007, 09:12 AM
That is the problem, i do go to the browse for file path but all i get is, (The application lightwave 9.0 can't be found on the specified path). I have gone over every possible way to install it to my files but it just will not take. Only the beta copies take the install process. Thanks for the feed back i hope all is well.

Hum... I have the Lw 9.2 beta but I don't use xStream with it.
I use xstream 6 with the standard LW9 final version.

I guess Lw-Beta versions are not recognized by xStream, at least not now anyway, maybe in the next xStream update or LW 9.3Beta, 9.4Beta, 9.5Beta, 9.6Beta, 9.7Beta ,9.8Beta, 9.9Beta fix something (sorry, i couldn't resist this one!) :lol:

I guess, for now, you are stuck with LW9 to operate xStream 6. :stumped:

When did you get your xStream copy? Date of purchase?

wiccan22
08-14-2007, 02:44 PM
I got my copy of X stream 6 on august 10th and its been downhill from there. I just wanted to be clear that i can use x stream with any beta thats out now, I am currently using it in beta 9.3 and it works just fine. I have 5 networked computers (1) mac pro 8 core as the host and (4) G5 power PC 's at my finger tips and i feel helpless without x stream because i had such high hopes for what i wanted to do with the 2 programs.

3dworks
08-14-2007, 02:47 PM
I got my copy of X stream 6 on august 10th and its been downhill from there. I just wanted to be clear that i can use x stream with any beta thats out now, I am currently using it in beta 9.3 and it works just fine. I have 5 networked computers (1) mac pro 8 core as the host and (4) G5 power PC 's at my finger tips and i feel helpless without x stream because i had such high hopes for what i wanted to do with the 2 programs.

yes, for the mac version running LW beta is mandatory, because UB isn't released yet.
good to hear it works for you. may i ask what graphics card are you using in your octo mac? ATI or nvidia?

markus

ben martin
08-14-2007, 07:48 PM
I got my copy of X stream 6 on august 10th and its been downhill from there.

I just asked because I remembered that e-on provided the plug-in external download link to xStream 6 from their site but that was to versions prior to June I guess!

So, it does not seems to be your copy case!

Anyway, Iíll do some tests with Lw 9.x beta and Iíll let you know how it goes.

ben martin
08-14-2007, 08:27 PM
Ok!
Good news… errr … or maybe bad news to you. :question:
I tested with Lightwave 9.2Beta (r9.3) and xStream 6 works just fine.

I made a copy of Lightwave 9 full installation folder and extracted the Lightwave 9.2 (r9.3) over it.
Then I just copied my Vue xStream config files and Lightwave License key from the Lightwave/Programs folder to the new Lightwave_Open_beta/Program folder.

All worked just fine! :)

Well what can I say? :stumped:

Maybe you should try to uninstall Lightwave and xStream and reboot.
Then re-install everything from fresh.
Lightwave first and xStream last.

Cross your fingers! :goodluck:

wiccan22
08-16-2007, 12:12 PM
How's it going , i am currently useing the factory standard NVida Geforce 7300 GT graphics card

wiccan22
08-16-2007, 12:22 PM
Well i re installed everything no dice i hate to use the term that i give up but its too much. I know that i am doing everything by the book but i have some serious Germlins in my computers. But if you didn't mind i was wondering if you could send me a copy of your X streaam config file to see if it will take in my program. And also are you using a (Mac) or PC, because my X stream config file is a white page icon in the beta folder of the utillities folder, does your config for X stream look like the regular lightwave icon with the edison plug. If so i think it might work for me, let me know ([email protected])

ben martin
08-16-2007, 02:00 PM
And also are you using a (Mac) or PC, because my X stream config file is a white page icon in the beta folder of the utillities folder, does your config for X stream look like the regular lightwave icon with the edison plug. If so i think it might work for me, let me know ([email protected])

I'm using a PC.
I just sent the e-mail to you!
Hope it can help!

jtennyson
08-19-2007, 05:05 PM
I was wondering if anyone else had experience with lw 9.3 and the newest vue xstream. My experience has been that it freezes my system 95 % of the time. Literally freezes it so a hardboot is needed. That was the case at times in 9.2 and the vue 6.x (prior to 6.5) but if I loaded an object into layout and then fired xstream it seemed to work most of the time. And it always woked in 32 bit mode (I use 64 bit lw and e-on when possible). Now almost all the time in 64 bit or 32 bit moode xstream will freeze my machine. This is a 100% case when I don't do something in lw first like have an active object and just fire up the interfae and try to load a scene. Its odd becaue vue 6.5 in standalone mode has no issues nor does lw. I also updated to ozone 3 although in thory it was not necessary and it runs fine. it is just xstream

any other user using this combo successfully?

machine is pc, xp 64, nvida 512k, wacom tyablet