PDA

View Full Version : SIGGRAPH... Show of hands

LW_Will
07-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Hey people!

With just about 3 weeks before the events kick off in San Diego this year, we are working on a dinner for SIGGRAPH.

Not a big or formal kind of thing, but more a kind of an "after party"... what we learned, who we saw... you know, a general meet and greet from the boards.

I just need a show of hands to see who wants to go. Now, there are several dozen restaurants and pubs in the Gaslamp, immediately north of the convention center. There are even more if we decide to take the Trolly, and an almost infinite amount if we can drive... but I know that could be tough to work out.

We are currently looking at an Irish Pub called The Field (www.thefield.com)... good size, can accommodate a bunch of people and is still intimate enough for conversations. Good Irish pub food, or so I am told.

Of course, we can do anything from this to Mexican to Sushi! But, we can decide on that later.

What we need now is to know how many people we have who are interested. Just post here if you can (and want) to go to dinner on Thursday night August 9th after the event.

See you in San Diego!

GraphXs
07-25-2007, 04:48 PM
I will be interested, I would like to me other wavers!

GraphXs
07-25-2007, 04:49 PM
Does anyone know how to get in the Newtek party?

LW_Will
08-09-2007, 01:02 AM
Sorry guys, but an emergency has caused me to bow out of the diner for Thursday evening.

But, there is no reason for you guys not to go out. Meet at the Newtek booth Thursday, about a half hour before the close of the event. Then go to any of the fine establishments in the Gas Lamp District.

Remember me with a drink. ;-)

LW_Will