07-24-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm no HRGiger, but man, that count is getting up there... :newhere:

art
07-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Congratulations, I'm still waiting for my 1000th

theo
07-24-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm no HRGiger, but man, that count is getting up there... :newhere:

Yeah, you'd have to eat, sleep and breathe the Newtek forums to be able to surpass HR's post count. Well Matt, I guess you can now consider yourself a fourth degree Newtekian. And, possibly, a disciple of HR's?

Actually, HR should be here to bestow some sort of perfunctory ceremony to beckon you into the upper chambers.

Hmmm... wonder if high post counts add size to an emember? I am TRYING to be discreet here. Humor tends to shrink in fear when discretion rears its fabled head. THIS paragraph may have just failed so miserably I think I shall just let it die a slow and obscure death...

Stooch
07-24-2007, 07:47 PM
reported

pixym
07-24-2007, 08:12 PM
Have you drunk a cup of champagne?
:D
Bravo for these 4000 posts.
Keep posting.

StevieB
07-24-2007, 08:59 PM
Hahaha, nice work man! You've obviously been here a while! Thats insane...

Gaze
07-25-2007, 08:38 AM
What's the story with your avatar...is that really your arm/tatoo:lwicon: ?

mattclary
07-25-2007, 09:10 AM
What's the story with your avatar...is that really your arm/tatoo:lwicon: ?

Yep. Got it back in... '01. Had to stop and think, it's been a while.

mattclary
07-25-2007, 09:13 AM
I'm kind of slipping, I used to be in the top 5 posters, but I am down to #8 with Prospector hot on my heels. :foreheads

colkai
07-25-2007, 09:19 AM
Show off! :p ;)

..checks own post count... Oops! :D

lede
07-25-2007, 10:06 AM
Well the forums are nagging me to post again and its been real hard to find anything to say here on the forums so this looks like a good place to say something. Congrats on your accomplishment thats a large number of posts and I'm usre well deserved. But slipping to 8th when you were in 5th this is scarry you need more threads to post on again :D

-Lee

hrgiger
07-25-2007, 11:43 AM
Congratulations Matt. Gee, I remember my 4000th post when I was a young lad....

theo
07-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Congratulations Matt. Gee, I remember my 4000th post when I was a young lad....

-Uh... aren't you STILL a young lad? :D

hrgiger
07-25-2007, 11:53 AM
-Uh... aren't you STILL a young lad? :D

Well yeah, but don't spoil the romantacism about it... Geez Theo....

Matt
07-25-2007, 11:55 AM
Wonder what mine is at?

Matt
07-25-2007, 11:56 AM
Yay! 4,408! :D

lots
07-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Pfft, 4000, thats not a lot :P

theo
07-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Yay! 4,408! :D

Matt, that is a valiant attempt to somehow weasle your way INTO MattClary's ceremony.

Unfortunately, the "408" AFTER the "4" just dilutes the effect of your number. WHICH is WHY post counting posters SHOULD always do as HR and MattC have done which is to draw attention to numbers greater than 2 with three (3) zeros contained within.

It is called the "Three Zero Effect". You will gain no notoriety if you somehow dismiss this as trite and insignificant.

So, two months from now in your hasty race to the big 5K- remember to gather the circle of loving friends for a thread barbecue and break the news with boyish enthusiasm (as our actual boy HR has done), "Fellows, men, and country people, I have attained enlightenment in the Newtekian land. I am now a fifth degree Newtekian!".

Now, if you do this in REAL life, I must warn you, ANY sudden move or idiosyncratic jerk of the body on your part WILL send the ENTIRE group of people FLYING in a myriad of directions. WHY? Because NONE of them have any idea what a fifth-degree Newtekian is capable of in terms of inflictions of bodily harm or the wanton flicking of magical powers.

And until they can survey you OUT of an assumed harm's way they will automatically assume that you are a possible X-person with mysterious powers just screaming to flee the container of your body and wreak massive havoc. I know I would think this, which is why I would pepper spray you RIGHT between the eyes if you told me this without a general warning of some sort.

Gaze
07-25-2007, 12:46 PM
Yep. Got it back in... '01. Had to stop and think, it's been a while.
Ask mattclary anything to help get his post ranking up.

:deal: any royalties with the tattoo?

Was alcohol involved and did you also consider the forehead location at the time?:foreheads

mattclary
07-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Ask mattclary anything to help get his post ranking up.

:deal: any royalties with the tattoo?

Was alcohol involved and did you also consider the forehead location at the time?:foreheads

LOL! No, but they haven't sued me either. ;)

Lewis
07-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Congrats to both Matt's for their 4k+ :).

JeffrySG
07-25-2007, 02:11 PM
wow... only 3788 left for me or so... when I grow up I wanna' be just like you guys! ;)

**seriously** that's very cool... :D

Russel
07-25-2007, 03:00 PM
Sweet molasses! Congratulations!
:thumbsup:

Russel
07-25-2007, 03:05 PM
... right behind you StevieB!

Mark The Great
07-25-2007, 05:39 PM
Matt, that is a valiant attempt to somehow weasle your way INTO MattClary's ceremony.

Unfortunately, the "408" AFTER the "4" just dilutes the effect of your number. WHICH is WHY post counting posters SHOULD always do as HR and MattC have done which is to draw attention to numbers greater than 2 with three (3) zeros contained within.

It is called the "Three Zero Effect". You will gain no notoriety if you somehow dismiss this as trite and insignificant.

So, two months from now in your hasty race to the big 5K- remember to gather the circle of loving friends for a thread barbecue and break the news with boyish enthusiasm (as our actual boy HR has done), "Fellows, men, and country people, I have attained enlightenment in the Newtekian land. I am now a fifth degree Newtekian!".

Now, if you do this in REAL life, I must warn you, ANY sudden move or idiosyncratic jerk of the body on your part WILL send the ENTIRE group of people FLYING in a myriad of directions. WHY? Because NONE of them have any idea what a fifth-degree Newtekian is capable of in terms of inflictions of bodily harm or the wanton flicking of magical powers.

And until they can survey you OUT of an assumed harm's way they will automatically assume that you are a possible X-person with mysterious powers just screaming to flee the container of your body and wreak massive havoc. I know I would think this, which is why I would pepper spray you RIGHT between the eyes if you told me this without a general warning of some sort.

That was just about the most random and funny thing I've ready in a long time.

Man, I've got a long way to go before 1000...

theo
07-25-2007, 06:11 PM
That was just about the most random and funny thing I've ready in a long time.

Man, I've got a long way to go before 1000...

Just ingest 54 animal cookies with three glasses of pulp-thick orange juice, my friend, and you will be surprised what this concoction will generate in terms of random neural vapors. :D :D

Mark, I'm sorry man, but your moniker just screams ten thousand posts. Gotta get crackin' man, if you wanna live up to that name.

Mark The Great
07-25-2007, 06:43 PM
Just ingest 54 animal cookies with three glasses of pulp-thick orange juice, my friend, and you will be surprised what this concoction will generate in terms of random neural vapors. :D :D

Mark, I'm sorry man, but your moniker just screams ten thousand posts. Gotta get in' man, if you wanna live up to that name.

Ok, I'll work on that. :rolleyes:

JeffrySG
07-25-2007, 06:59 PM
Ok, I'll work on that. :rolleyes:
I think you could have double posted that answer... we all would have understood... :)

theo
07-25-2007, 07:20 PM
I think you could have double posted that answer... we all would have understood... :)

To add to the foundation you have just created... I just had a light bulb moment. Newtek should create a separate forum JUST for wanton and frenzied postings.

This would lubricate the process for threaders who suffer with post count envy.

These fine, yet slightly inadequate-due-to-low-post-count folk could just throw themselves out of the communications gap they are languishing in and just go nuts with massive server-grade infusions of haywire syllabic revelries. Right straight to the vein, man. C'mon Newtek, throw these people a lifeline.

This just seems somewhat wrong... plotting like this on MattClarys' ceremonial entrance into fourth-degree Newtekianism.

Maxx
07-25-2007, 07:48 PM
This would lubricate the process for threaders who suffer with post count envy.
hehehehe.. you said lubricate.....

not trying to boost my meager post count, really...

prospector
07-25-2007, 08:02 PM
I'm kind of slipping, I used to be in the top 5 posters, but I am down to #8 with Prospector hot on my heels.
<pant pant> I'M coming <pant pant> to get <pant pant> all of you :D :D

prospector
07-25-2007, 08:05 PM
And HRs is in my sites...even WITHOUT steroids :boogiedow

archijam
07-26-2007, 02:11 AM
Congrats MC.

I wonder though if all of the post counts are inflated by the edit limit .. ? ;)

Has anyone ever counted the number of posts on the forum containing the words s**t, edit, and limit. (-speed)

Personal preject: to post a WIP or gallery piece before i reach 250 posts .. or lose forever the right to give comments on anyone else's work ... :twak:

j.

Red_Oddity
07-26-2007, 03:43 PM
Go Prospector...go Prospector...you can do it.. only 77 post to go...

(to bad oDDity has been banned, having a 'discussion' with him going can really rake in the post counts :p)