PDA

View Full Version : Sprites and hypervoxels problems

gazdg
07-24-2007, 05:24 PM
Hi all,

Im trying to render a scene whereby particles follow a spline. The particles are being displayed using Hypervoxels - specifically by setting the object type to Sprite. Everything is working fine until it reaches over frame 180 whereby the particles just seem to "die" - for want of a better word and they just disappear. When I change from sprite to surface, they are always displayed which is suggesting that sprites (and volume) dissipate after a certain period of time.

What I'm after I suppose is a way to let them remain on-screen, doing their thing, until the last frame is reached.

I'm using V8 by the way.

All help greatly appreciated.

P.S

I posted this in the wrong forum earlier. Sorry.

gerry_g
07-26-2007, 03:47 AM
Isn't there a particle age setting in the dialogue you can tweak to match the frame count (going by memory hear, haven't done it in ages) sure this is how it works

BeeVee
07-26-2007, 04:36 AM
There is a particle lifespan that defaults to 60. If you would like them to live forever you can change that number to 0.

B

gazdg
07-26-2007, 05:14 AM
Ah , set it to 0? Ok cool. Thanks for that!! Ill give it a try tomorrow.

Much appreciated.

Stooch
07-27-2007, 01:07 AM
he is could also be hitting a total particle limit.

make sure that you change it. once you hit that limit, no more particles will be generated. you should always balance the beginning of emission, rate of birth and particle age to maintain it under a reasonable particle budget (the total limit). It will ensure a faster render and speedier feedback. once happy, make sure to save a pfx file so that the scene doesnt have to keep on recalculating them and be able to render via network.