PDA

View Full Version : Crashing problem with 9.2

david225
07-24-2007, 02:55 PM
Hey all!
I'm having a bit of a recurring problem with constant crashes in 9.2.

It only happens in modeler, and under specific conditions. Whenever I make a UV and open the UV window and either zoom or pan. It also happens in layout when I try to open a scene file that was created in anything from 7.5 and up.

I'm using the following things:
Vista Home Premium (yeah, I know...)
2GB RAM
Dell inspiron e1705
Dual 2Ghz processor.

Any help at all would be great.

david225
07-25-2007, 10:15 AM
Here's an update: I put in a tech support call to NT, and am waiting a response.
I also uninstalled and reinstalled LW, and nothing's changed.
If anyone has -any- idea, no matter how outlandish, please, I could use the help.

alifx
07-25-2007, 11:33 AM
hmmm... you don't have a graphics card?

david225
07-25-2007, 11:50 AM
sorry about that.
nVidia Geforce Go 7800 series.

shrox
08-09-2007, 03:46 PM
My brand new shiny HP laptop running Vista is crashing modeller when I zoom out or hit the fill all "a" shortcut. I might take it back to Costco...

Nitisara
08-10-2007, 07:04 AM
Modeler v9.2 is crashing several times a day, although v8.5 is pretty stable.

Tomc
08-10-2007, 08:49 PM
Long time Lighwave user having problems too with Crashing Modeler. Doing the same type of work in version 8.5 worked fine. After upgrading to 9.0 and then 9.2 starting having these problems. It seem to related to the systems ability to recover from an error. My seniero happen when loading a large bitmap with was edited with PaintShop Pro. I got an error which caused the crash closing modeler back to desktop. When trying to run modeler after this crash I would get the same results, modeler won't run. I reboot and I still have the same problem. Reinstall and still have the same problem.

I assume modeler is writing an external file with status information which doesn't get reinitialized after a re-boot or re-install.

Anyone figured where this file is located ?

Thanks