PDA

View Full Version : HDR Question..

Omto
02-20-2003, 08:50 PM
I have been trying to find the answer to this is thr manual with no luck....or I am just blind.....If I light my scene using Image World and an HDR image that image becomes the backdrop....how can I light my scene with an image yet NOT have it as my backdrop?? Can I??

Thanks

faulknermano
02-20-2003, 11:00 PM
you can try to do it in two way, both of which require that you use a sphere:

1.) map the HDR image to the sphere (half and half) and use the sphere to light your objects. click UnseenByCamera in the object's rendering properties.

2.) or you can try to go the other way around by using image world, and using a sphere to cover the image world up. but be sure to click UnseenByRays to the sphere.

i think that'll work...

SplineGod
02-22-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Omto
I have been trying to find the answer to this is thr manual with no luck....or I am just blind.....If I light my scene using Image World and an HDR image that image becomes the backdrop....how can I light my scene with an image yet NOT have it as my backdrop?? Can I??

Thanks
If you use Imageworld or Texture Environment it does become the backdrop only if you dont have a backdrop image loaded. Create a black image and load that as a backdrop. It will make your background black when you render but give you the radiosity lighting from the image. You dont have to use HDR images BTW you can use ANY image and it works.
If you use Texture Environment you can use proceduruals to make clouds and all kinds of sky like effects and use that as your light source too.