PDA

View Full Version : Viper

Hobbyworks
07-22-2007, 02:15 PM
Excuse me, but could anybody help me out? You see, I'm trying to get VIPER to work, but it won't. It's enabled, and yet it says it isn't. Could anybody tell me how to fix this? Please and thank you.

IMI
07-22-2007, 02:52 PM
I think you have to click on Enable VIPER and also click on the VIPER button, too, to open the VIPER window. I can't remember for sure right now and can't check, either.
Of course, before you can even use it, you have to render an image to get the info into the buffer. Then, VIPER will resapond to texture changes, lighting, volumetrics, hypervoxels and so on.
:)

RudySchneider
07-22-2007, 03:20 PM
Don't forget that the primary purpose of Viper is as a surfacing aid. So, you need to open the Surface Editor (F5), too!

Amurrell
07-22-2007, 10:22 PM
So putting it all together for you, if you are previewing a surface/scene open the Surface Editor (F5) and Viper (F7) do a quickrender of a frame (F9) this way LW can read the surfaces and have a render in the buffer to work from. Hit render on the Viper screen and there is your image. Any changes to your buffered scene will be updated in the Viper window automatically from this point on.

StevieB
07-23-2007, 08:16 AM
Haha, thanks for answering a question that I didn't know I had and never asked! lol, just reading up since you never know what you might find and I had tried Viper but with no results - since I didn't know what I was looking for I figured it must be used for something other then rendering your picture.

BeeVee
07-23-2007, 09:30 AM
You don't need a render in advance if you are testing skies, HyperVoxels or volumetric lights, but you do need the appropriate editors open - VIPER is context-sensitive.

B