PDA

View Full Version : Moving Pivot of Null object

medicalart
07-21-2007, 11:00 AM
I parented my object to a null and moved both pivot points so they are nicely aligned. Everything moves properly. A problem arises when I assign texture and make the Null the "Reference Object." The original 0,0 coordinates of the null is what is used as the reference object and not the new Pivot Point coordinates. Is this working properly? Thanks.

medicalart
07-21-2007, 11:07 AM
Continued: Should I change coordinate system to Local? Do I need to "Record" pivot point? I'm using LW9.0 for this particular project.

SplineGod
07-21-2007, 11:50 AM
changing to local wont have any effect and record pivot rotation deals only with the orientation. Why are you trying to move the nulls pivot point?

medicalart
07-21-2007, 12:25 PM
The reason I want to do this is that my camera view is a close-up and I'm using the null to move the object. If the pivot point is in the camera frame, then it's easy to move--I don't have to keep switching views. As it is now, the null is in view, but the pivot is not, so I have to switch views.
I can live with it...

Anyway, thanks for clarifying the other issues!

medicalart
07-22-2007, 08:17 AM
Group--is that a command? Or do you mean parent? How does one "group" objects? (I can't find this command) Thanks.

medicalart
07-22-2007, 08:26 AM
I know there is a "create part" button in Modeler, but I don't see it in Layout.