PDA

View Full Version : Motion blur error

SkinnyMagig
07-21-2007, 06:45 AM
Hey guys, i've run into this unusual motion blur error when rendering a scene in layout. Basically i'm rendering these dominos falling in a line, and i only have two objects in the scene. The floor, and the domino object cloned multiple times. Now, i'm just using a plain colour as a background here defined in background options. My problem is i'm getting two differing values of motion blur in the renders. It's very hard to explain so i've included an image that demonstrates the problem.

I'm not entirely sure why Lightwave is doing this. At the moment i have the motion blur set to Normal at about 0.30. It doesn't matter how many passes i do, the issue still remains there and it really stands out when viewed in the finished animation. Any suggestions?

I'm running version 9.0 by the way.

archijam
07-21-2007, 07:22 AM
Strange that the division is exactly in the middle, it looks like one segment of the render is rendering differently to the other. Is it rendering each frame in 2 segments? If so set the segment memory limit higher .. still a weird output.

Have you tried the new motion blur in 9.2? It's nicer IMO. :)

j.

jay3d
07-21-2007, 09:50 AM
try to give the ground different color than white ...

i think that is a natural effect, because the ground combined with the diffuse light coming threw the "bluriness" effect is "over white" color, so it makes the color when intersecting with the color of the ground brighter ... in other means motion blur reacts to hight dynamic range colors in LightWave, and that's what makes other effects like lightsaber moving with constant white possible :)

toby
07-22-2007, 05:37 PM
Are you talking about the little extra stuff you see at the base of each domino? jay3d may be right, to help diagnose the problem, make sure you have your image viewer set to 'FP' and do another test render. Then either click and hold on the image to see what the color value is, or play with the exposure settings under 'file/Image Controls' in the viewer. The FP viewer is the only way to see how much beyond 100% any color is. 100,000% white is possible, even though our displays can't display it to us.