PDA

View Full Version : How to join 9.2 Beta Forum?

Largemedium
07-20-2007, 01:08 PM
Hey, does anyone have any ideas on how I might be able to get into the beta forum? I downloaded the Beta last weekend and so far I haven't been given access to the forum. I was told in another thread that it might take a few days... but a whole week is sort of ridiculous don't you think? I sent a couple of emails to Newtek but so far no one has bothered to get back to me. I'm fairly new to Lightwave, is this typical behavior for Newtek support? I find it troubling.

So, if anyone at Newtek is reading this, I'd appreciate it if you would get out of your chair and walk to the cubicle (of whomever is responsible for the beta forum) and smack them on the back of the head and tell them to stop playing Quake and let me into the forum. The Lightwave beta is sort of pointless if I don't have a place to communicate my issues, or see if some of the bugs I have found are features or just documented bugs.

dpont
07-20-2007, 01:12 PM
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66374
Hope this help, this could take some days to go in the forum.

Denis.

Largemedium
07-20-2007, 08:52 PM
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66374
Hope this help, this could take some days to go in the forum.

Denis.

Thanks for the link, but that doesn't tell me anything I don't already know or help me with anything I haven't tried. The gates to the secret forum are closed and I'm not allowed to join the party, even though I have the beta. It's been a week, guess I'll wait another. What other choice do I have?

hrgiger
07-21-2007, 07:23 AM
I would call Newtek if I were you.

Are you sure you can't get into them? If you are signed in, they should just appear at the bottom of all the other forums.

Largemedium
07-21-2007, 10:32 PM
I would call Newtek if I were you.

Are you sure you can't get into them? If you are signed in, they should just appear at the bottom of all the other forums.

Nope, there is no beta forum. I tried logging out and clearing my cache and I don't see any access.

I'll probably break down and call them, but I think it's a silly waste of time. I mean, how hard can it be to give users access when they register?! In all the years I've been on the web and the countless forums I've joined, I've never had to call anyone. It's just silly and makes me worry about other aspects of the company.

Frankly, I'm sort of a newbie with Lightwave and I'm really beginning to think I've made a mistake choosing Lightwave. The customer service I've received so far is practically non-existent. I've sent a few email to Newtek and to this day, never got a reply. In my opinion that is just terrible, terrible customer service! I would think that a company that is struggling to rise the top would be better at helping their customers. The only glimmer of light has been Chilton. He saw that I was having trouble with installing the beta (I had been sent incorrect instructions), and so he PM'd me to help. As cool as that is, I need the company to be responsive, not just one person who works there. Last year, I tried out Modo. They gave me a 90 day unlimited demo to play with. When I was having some trouble with Modo conflicting with my graphics card, I got 3 separate personal emails from Brad Peebler... the company president! Wow, I don't even get email from Newtek flunkies (except Chilton, and he's not a flunkie!) much less the president of a company! With Modo coming out with animation and their seemly better customer response, I'm thinking of jumping to that platform before I get any more invested in Lightwave. Modo costs more, but this is a case where you get what you pay for. And Modo was one of the first 3d apps to make a UB for Mac. Hell, even Maya beat Lightwave to a shipping UB! Whatever though... I'm done venting.