PDA

View Full Version : London:Fulltime:STUFISH:you have been warned

07-19-2007, 08:13 AM
'assistant 3D visualiser' required to work in friendly office setup
We design BIG touring shows & outdoor events, and need someone to help prepare animation visualisations of the designs
have a look at our website - www.stufish.com
and you'll see the sort of stuff we've done.

Is this you?
Working knowledge of LW & Photoshop or transferable skills
(other 3D apps or CAD),
Interest in the technical aspects of theatre/entertainment
particularly lighting & staging,
Basic understanding of video editing
Ability to change a HD or light bulb as appropriate

We're based just south of Kings Cross/Euston

Reply here, Email [email protected]
or ring 020 7383 8833 and ask for Adrian

07-25-2007, 06:21 AM
Any more takers ? - don't be frightened - could be a first job out of college,

(Not senior enough job to pay sufficient to re-locate from outside UK I'm afraid!)

mkiii
08-16-2007, 04:51 AM
Are you offering any "remote" work?

08-17-2007, 04:16 AM
Thanks for the few sensible responses - job now taken by one of them I think.

Amazing how many people can't understand simple phrases like 'required to work in friendly office setup'
If we wanted tele-workers on different contenents don't you think we would have mentioned it ?

mkiii
08-17-2007, 05:04 AM
Sorry I didn't realise that Hampshire, UK, was on a different continent to London. Asking if there is "any remote" work available does not preclude also carrying out office work, it was a simple question, not a request for a sarcastic comment. Did I waste a valuable 3 seconds of your time as you read that post? If so I apologise.

kilvano
08-17-2007, 05:14 AM
Hope you got someone good...wish i could have applied.

Sorry I didn't realise that Hampshire, UK, was on a different continent to London. Asking if there is "any remote" work available does not preclude also carrying out office work, it was a simple question, not a request for a sarcastic comment. Did I waste a valuable 3 seconds of your time as you read that post? If so I apologise.

Thats the kind of comment that comes back to haunt you in a future interview. Not good. Everyone on this forum is friendly...(well now oddity has gone)...so no need for the nastiness.

mkiii
08-17-2007, 06:13 AM
I think you should re-read it, and the post it was replying to again if you think I was being "nasty". For one thing, I'm not applying for the job. I just wondered if they had any other remote work.

A polite answer to that would have saved the job poster getting any more annoying emails. Instead, I got what "appears" to be sarcasm.

So if that makes me the bad guy C'est la vie.

colkai
08-17-2007, 06:29 AM
have to say, the reply to Marks question was deffo snidey.
Not like he's new to this game and that level of reply was frankly, not very flattering for the company concerned. I do think he had every right to be annoyed.

omeone
08-17-2007, 07:19 AM
Ive seen [email protected] posting here for a long time, they are pretty cool people - so I don't believe that comment was directed at you mkiii. It probably was directed at e-mail applicants from Aus/Asia/USA. And if he was inundated with these kind of queries, I'd probably get a bit irritated meself. Hey everyone's allowed the odd cranky day ;)

Anyway, I for one would love the opportunity to work there, but it's logistically impractical at the moment.... I'd need some kind of 'e-working' arrangement... wonder if I'll just chance me arm.... see if they'll bite...

zapper1998
08-26-2007, 05:35 AM
darn..
maybe next time..

Michael

evolross
08-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Just out of curiousity, when you have job opportunities, are you open to hiring people from the US? I'm not talking about paying all the moving fees and all that, but it would be paying for the work permit that I've read US citizens have to be sponsored for if they work in the UK and stay longer than 6 months.