PDA

View Full Version : Scale Textures and Object Together

Cman
07-18-2007, 09:48 AM
I have an object with projected textures.

How can I scale the object and textures at the same time?

Bytehawk
07-18-2007, 09:56 AM
in layout, scale

or redo the textures with UVmaps
or rescale the textures afterwards

archijam
07-18-2007, 09:57 AM
in layout, scale

Only if the textures are not applied by world coords, myes?

j.

voriax
07-18-2007, 10:07 AM
Boy oh boy it would be handy if the scale tool had an option to scale textures with it. Same with move/rotate/etc.

Far too many times I've made an object, applied non-UV texture maps, then had to scale it and re-do the maps.
Possibly some kind of "convert projected layer to UV" would be ideal. Make the texture as a planar/cubic etc, press the convert button and it automatically makes a UV map that replicates the layer!

But yeah, non-UV texture maps really show their weakness when you have to move geometry around in modeler...

Cman
07-18-2007, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the responses.

I ended up doing the scaling and repositioning in Layout. It worked well except for some reason LW swapped a texture called "Background_Bricks" with the actual Background frame sequence!

But closing and opening the scene corrected that odd problem.

SplineGod
07-18-2007, 01:13 PM
Kevin has a plugin that scales textures.
www.kevman3d.com

Also if you apply your textures using world coords you can make the object the textures are applied to the reference object. When you scale the object the texture should also scale.

Mr Maze
07-18-2007, 07:50 PM
I have found that if LW switches out texture images or reflections for no apparent reason its about to crash.