PDA

View Full Version : Please assure me VT5 won't have SE style CG

Lee U
07-17-2007, 08:30 AM
I have SE v2 on my smaller computer and have used it to do a few unimportant projects. I find the CG is really time consuming, not near as good as it is in VT4.6. When I received my 2nd copy I put it on my main computer with 4.6 hoping to use it on one of my projects. Originally I had problems of the third line of text not showing up in the CG when it was typed. So the work around is to use more than one title page and overlay them. Now on my big machine I have a similiar problem that the drawings will not show up unless I turn off "show all layers". Well, I can do that but it won't show on the preview or an external monitor with firewire. My goal was to place a solid background and an underline behind the text. Having to create extra pages for this is not efficient. I sure hope we don't go this direction with VT5.
VT4.6 has me spoiled!!!

ted
07-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Lee, I agree the CG is cumbersome, but what I want to know....where the heck did you get a copy of SE Version 2? :D

Lee U
07-18-2007, 07:39 AM
Lee, I agree the CG is cumbersome, but what I want to know....where the heck did you get a copy of SE Version 2? :D
Ted, you didn't get your copy of vs 2 yet? Now there is a wild rumor...
My mistake, it was and is Vs 1.2.
I ended up trashing the project and started over in 4.6. I must say VT4.6 has been almost perfect for what I do. I believe SE will get a lot better as time goes on, competetion will demand it.

billmi
07-18-2007, 08:19 AM
Really the CG in Speed Edit is pretty close to the CG in VTEdit(v 4.6)

Rather than having to trash a project, you can build a CG page in VT[4]s CG Designer and use it in Speed Edit, just like you could in VTEdit.

I would assume CGDesigner would still be in VT[5] (hopefully with new features there) since NewTek kept it in VT[4] even though they added CGPost capabilities to VTEdit.

Paul Lara
07-18-2007, 08:23 AM
Yes, CG Designer will be in VT[5].

ScorpioProd
07-18-2007, 08:41 AM
Honestly, you guys know I've always been hard on the CG, but I've gotta say, I really do like the CG in SpeedEDIT 1.2. Once you use it a while you get used to it and the different workflow versus CG Designer.

Also, when you compare it to most other NLE CGs, you'll find most of them are more like the CG in SpeedEDIT rather than CG Designer, and of those, I find the CG in SpeedEDIT better than the competition.

Of course, as Paul says, CG Designer will be in VT[5], especially since that is what is needed for live work.

But for NLE work, you really should give the workflow in SpeedEDIT's CG a chance.

Pete Draves
07-18-2007, 09:02 AM
I agree.
Just copy to a new location and make changes.
This is a good work flow.
BUT... Where is the spel checker??

Even photoshop has had one for a long time.
Pete

Lee U
07-18-2007, 09:04 AM
I'm glad to hear CGdesigner will be with VT5. Eugene, are you still having problems of text not showing up on the screen with SE, or are you just working around the problem? My method of operation is to review my clip(a sermon) placing markers where I need CGs as I follow the notes. Then I type all the notes as I wish to see them in one setting, return to the marked clip and insert them with flavors of special effects. This is the fastest for me .
Billmi, I like that idea and will try it. Thanks all.

Lee U
07-18-2007, 09:06 AM
BUT... Where is the spel checker??
Pete

Pete, we dont mak msteaks!

ScorpioProd
07-18-2007, 01:12 PM
No, I haven't had the CG text not showing up problem as of SE 1.2. I haven't honestly used it heavily yet, but AFAIK that was fixed.

The way you describe typing up everything at once is, without question, the CG Designer way. I'm just saying that's NOT the efficient way to do it in SpeedEDIT. Believe me, I used to do the titles for 80 dances in advance that way, too.

Now I just type them on the fly, copying the previous one and dragging it to the new location and typing in the new test. Once you get used to it, it's just as fast.

Cineman
07-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Now I just type them on the fly, copying the previous one and dragging it to the new location and typing in the new test.
Yea, but it is having to type in all those "test" pages and then go back to type in text pages that gets to me, and maybe Pete Draves, too. ;)

Nes Gurley

ScorpioProd
07-18-2007, 04:44 PM
Hehehe... :p

Pete Draves
07-18-2007, 04:54 PM
I use photoslop to mak al my CG's.

I wish we stil had the use of inscriber on the timelin.
At least yo coud make templates and inport tesxt files esily.
Pet

Scott Bates
07-18-2007, 05:49 PM
Wood sombodi plese by Peet a dicshonery.

Pete Draves
07-18-2007, 06:06 PM
I have spent too much time with Cajun friends down in Mamu.
Also living in Germany.
And it is just too much fun to use a CG.
The spelling checkers do not catch homonyms, or grits.
And everything here is spelled correctly, I think.
Pete