PDA

View Full Version : Third party i/o hardware compatibility

BeniToaster
07-16-2007, 08:55 PM
Hello
I think SpeedEDIT really needs third party i/o hardware compatibility for:
BlackMagic Multibridge and Decklink hardware, also for AJA xena, and for the new V3HD from Motu.
Or please NewTek surprise us with your own i/o hardware for HD solution.
Thanks

chuckd
07-17-2007, 09:31 AM
I agree. I've wondered if it would be feasible for Newtek to OEM the VT card as an i/o for SpeedEdit. It would simply be the hardware, the drivers, the plug-in needed to use it and a little addition to the capture panel to allow for analog inputs.

In reality it seems to me, though, that it would simply be faster and cheaper for Newtek to simply write I/O drivers for those other cards. You can use the capture utilities that come with them for deck control, capture, and print to tape (who does that anymore?!). The SE plug-in would simply allow SE to pass its output through the card to a monitor or deck.

I'd be interested to hear from someone at Newtek about these ideas.

BeniToaster
07-17-2007, 09:18 PM
Hola
Well that is how I'm working with SpeedEDIT now.
I use Premiere to capture from the Multibridge Extreme in 1080i and then I use the captured .avi in SpeedEDIT for output I use .tga secuence for the Filmrecorder for data to 35mm film.
For video i just render the porject to 1 clip with the same BlackMagic codec it was captured and play it back with Premiere. to output HDSDI from the multibridge.

Thanks

chuckd
07-18-2007, 10:08 AM
Yes, but how much better would it be if you could actually see the video playing out through the multibridge while you edit in SE?

Just having frame buffer support for those various cards would be a HUGE addition to Speed Edit. Newtek wouldn't even necessarily have to add in capture or PTT functionality with SE for those cards. Just let people use them to monitor audio and video during the edit process.