PDA

View Full Version : Content directories, and Plugins

starbase1
07-16-2007, 09:51 AM
Hi All,
I never used to bother with content direcrories, (which might explain some of my disk sprawl, but never mind).

My question is, how much do they affect?

What I mean is, I expect them to change where LW starts looking for objects and scenes, but I am getting a situation where it seems to be affecting LW's ability to find shaders and plug in licence keys. I could be barking up the wrong tree here, but can anyone enlighten me please?

Nick

(Running LW 9.2 under Windows XP if it matters).

Lightwolf
07-16-2007, 09:54 AM
Well... your plugins and license keys should not be affected by changing the content path at all.
The content path just defines where LW will default when loading/saving items, and where it will search for objects, images etc.

Have you redirected your configs? That might mean that LW doesn't find the plugins because it can't locate the lwext#.cfg file - this is unrelated to your content though.

Cheers,
Mike

starbase1
07-17-2007, 12:11 AM
How would I have redirected the config file? I didn't know it was possible, though it does sound like that that might have happened...

Lightwolf
07-17-2007, 12:22 AM
How would I have redirected the config file? I didn't know it was possible, though it does sound like that that might have happened...
-c in the command line. You can't really do that accidentally though.

Cheers,
Mike