PDA

View Full Version : Image sequences as textures

SkinnyMagig
07-15-2007, 04:33 AM
Hey guys i actually have two unrelated questions but i'll start with this one about image sequences.

I'm working on a project now that requires me to use image sequences as textures, the thing is i'm trying to figure out how to delay the image sequences, so they start at the right time as the camera goes past them.

I figure i can do achieve this by manually inserting a bunch of blank frames at the beginning of the sequence, but i'm also wondering if theres some way to delay the image sequence from starting until the render reaches a certain frame/time in Lightwave.

The only thing is i don't know how to do that.

As for my other question, i'm rendering this out so it can be dropped back onto tape at 720p (also, the image sequences i'm using is HDV 720p25 footage). Now i'm just curious about the pixel aspect ratio here. Since i'm rendering at 720p, its high-def and i know high-def is square pixels. But the tape i'm dropping it back to is a DV PAL tape. Seems odd doesn't it, but this is all apart of my submission requirements for my uni course. So i'm wondering if i need to render it in square pixels or not?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Edbittner
07-15-2007, 05:14 AM
I sometimes us a trick I read somewhere using the "Texture Environment" feature in the backdrop dropdown. It allows you to use an enveloping image, or sequence into another,(second layer), by mearly using layer opacity on the top image. I'd try pre rendering a sequence using that feature so your image won't be resampled. Then use THAT image sequence as your texture.......Maybe?
E.

Lightwolf
07-15-2007, 10:21 AM
You can offset when an image sequence will start in the image editor. Teh "Start Frame" defines when LW will load and display the first frame of your sequence.

Cheers,
Mike

SkinnyMagig
07-16-2007, 06:20 AM
Thanks Lightwolf, that did it.

Edbittner
07-16-2007, 08:48 AM
Or that........................(always making things harder).
E.