PDA

View Full Version : Question about Info Saver plugin

KevinL
07-14-2007, 08:08 PM
Greetings,
I like the Info Saver plugin, but the bright white background does not allow me to properly evaluate exposures. Not to mention it hurts my eyes.

Anyone know if it's possible to change the background color of the page, and if so how?

Thank You,
Kevin

Obviously I am HTML/CSS stupid

KevinL
07-14-2007, 08:43 PM
I forgot to mention. I am familiar with altering browser settings to adjust the background color (overriding the originating page colors) and that is my temp solution, but of course things like the forum here are not that great with a mid gray background :) Also I can use an editor to change the html page in infosavers folder but that does not work during actual Lightwave sessions (it always changes back to WHITE! (shouting intended, as that is what it feels like to my eyes :) )

Thanks,
Kevin

Karmacop
07-15-2007, 12:37 AM
Having a quick look at the plugin's output it doesn't look as if there's an easy way. You should feature request the use of an external css file, it'd allow you to do a lot more.

KevinL
07-16-2007, 11:52 AM
Great plugin and it is free, but man I try to evaluate renders and my eyes get snow blindness :)

Kevin

DuneBoy
07-19-2007, 01:38 AM
Sorry I didn't find this thread sooner. I sent Kevin the solution and I'll post it here as well:

The solution to your problem is in the InfoSaver.css file.

The very first time Info Saver is applied it creates a file in the same folder as itself called InfoSaver.css. The contents of this file are then read in and added to the HTML file. The purpose of the .css file (a Cascading Style Sheet) is to let the user modify the formatting of the final HTML page.

By default the file includes formatting for the category text (like Camera and Raytracing), the image area and the data area. The power of the css file in this case is that just about anything can be modified by the user.

Here's the code you'd need to add to the .css file to change the background color (make sure Info Saver isn't applied when making the change or it won't show up until the next time it's applied):

body { background-color: #808080; }

That will take the body element (which is the whole page), and change the background color property. The value #808080 is hex for 128, 128, 128 RGB. You can also use words like gray or white but without the #.

This page:
http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colornames.asp
has a list of a bunch of colors and their values in hex.

I'm now subscribed to this thread so I should be able to answer any new questions that get posted.

Next time I work on the plugin I'll look into coding a sort of wysiwyg front end for the .css file.

KevinL
07-20-2007, 12:51 AM
I thought I had shared the answer here (simple, once somebody who is more knowledgeable than I points it out). Must have been a very late night when I (thought) I posted it. Dune Boy was very responsive in answering me personally and I love now having the ability to grade my color on background.

Thanks Dune Boy